Groups

1and1 domain renewal help

I have a domain with 1and1 which expires in a month, its set to autorenewal, but i don't need to renew it, does anyone know how i can cancel the renewal so they don't charge my card?

4 Comments

don't you have that option when you login to your account?

Cancelling domains or additional items

Login to the Contract Cancellation Tool located at contract.1and1.co.uk by using the userid and password.

For more information on the Contract Cancellation Tool please see the following article. Introduction to Contract Cancellation Tool.

Here we need to differentiate between terminating the actual contract, and terminating the domain contained in the contract.

The earliest time at which a contract can be terminated is usually 14 days after the current date.

If you are only canceling a domain from a contract but wish to leave the contract itself intact please select 'Cancel individual domains and/or additional items'. If on the other hand you wish to terminate your contract with us including all domains please select 'Cancel entire order'. Please note that it is impossible to cancel a contract while leaving domains with us!

In this case we select 'Cancel individual domains and/or additional items'.

Original Poster

Dreraf;7721789

don't you have that option when you login to your account? Cancelling … don't you have that option when you login to your account? Cancelling domains or additional itemsLogin to the Contract Cancellation Tool located at http://contract.1and1.co.uk by using the userid and password.For more information on the Contract Cancellation Tool please see the following article. Introduction to Contract Cancellation Tool.Here we need to differentiate between terminating the actual contract, and terminating the domain contained in the contract.The earliest time at which a contract can be terminated is usually 14 days after the current date.If you are only canceling a domain from a contract but wish to leave the contract itself intact please select 'Cancel individual domains and/or additional items'. If on the other hand you wish to terminate your contract with us including all domains please select 'Cancel entire order'. Please note that it is impossible to cancel a contract while leaving domains with us!In this case we select 'Cancel individual domains and/or additional items'.

Worked thank you

faevilangel - your link said invalid customer id :s

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;7722247

OP phone them and make sure it is cancelled , i had the same problem when … OP phone them and make sure it is cancelled , i had the same problem when i let our website go, cancelled online and the next credit card bill came with the full amount on it, 6 weeks after i cancelled it.

they cant charge it, new card, new number, its just i had hassle when i first bought it (they accepted my card, didnt take payment.... had a debt letter at my door with a £15 admin charge, told them to stuff it, they waived the admin charge and let me pay the £6)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29313800
      2. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…22
      3. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2526
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)59476

See more discussions