1p taken from my bank

Posted 29th Jun
I was just wondering if anyone can help regarding 3 payments of 1p taken my from bank over the last three days. On the statement its from 'My check uk limited london gb'. I can't find anything searching on google. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Sooooo many companies and places use MyCheck to verify personal and bank details it could be anything from a hotel booking just checking payment is possible later to a new mobile phone contract check. If you’ve done anything new recently or taken out any credit or insurances this may be them checking who you are and the charge will drop off later.
Has it actually left your bank and cleared, or, is it a pending charge?
i just googled mycheck and it came up with this. not sure if this is the same company?

mycheck.io/abo…-us

"ABOUT MYCHECK
MyCheck is the hospitality industry’s leading payment and integration technology provider, offering various products that can be used separately or combined to equip hotels and restaurants with a powerful digital customer engagement experience."
markmc99929/06/2020 22:48

Has it actually left your bank and cleared, or, is it a pending charge?

Pending
gjta1229/06/2020 23:03

Pending

Its almost certainly a company checking your card details to make sure they are legit. I'd say they'll disappear in a day or two.

Think about what you've just signed up to, changed, or updated etc. and if not maybe contact your bank for advice.
Wirecard who alot of banks use for payment processing have had their license taken from them.

Lot of panicking happening with switching to other payment processors.

It is probably a test or check transaction, it will not settle and vanish.

I know Curve are doing active card checks at the moment as they use wirecard.
U-Account, Pockit, Curve and others.

Others are similar.

bbc.co.uk/new…181

bbc.co.uk/new…409

bbc.co.uk/new…003
Edited by: "Chiptivo" 29th Jun
Happened to wife then 2 quick £100 and unable to stop.
markmc99929/06/2020 23:05

Its almost certainly a company checking your card details to make sure …Its almost certainly a company checking your card details to make sure they are legit. I'd say they'll disappear in a day or two. Think about what you've just signed up to, changed, or updated etc. and if not maybe contact your bank for advice.

Thanks for the answers. I've made a couple of hotel bookings the past couple of days but they'd taken the full amount of money already, apart from that nothing new.
gjta1229/06/2020 23:08

Thanks for the answers. I've made a couple of hotel bookings the past …Thanks for the answers. I've made a couple of hotel bookings the past couple of days but they'd taken the full amount of money already, apart from that nothing new.

My guess is its them - a security check probably.

I've sometimes found that even though I've paid (especially if via Booking.com et al) they still do that pending check just to check and confirm my identity and that the cards etc. are real so they can charge me if I dont turn up (not having yet realised I've paid the other company for it!) or trash the room etc. ;o)
markmc99929/06/2020 23:11

My guess is its them - a security check probably. I've sometimes found …My guess is its them - a security check probably. I've sometimes found that even though I've paid (especially if via Booking.com et al) they still do that pending check just to check and confirm my identity and that the cards etc. are real so they can charge me if I dont turn up (not having yet realised I've paid the other company for it!) or trash the room etc. ;o)

That's great. Thanks ever so much for your help.
So I was correct with the hotel booking then, 4 mins after you asked! Awesome.
ArcadeAssassin29/06/2020 22:45

Sooooo many companies and places use MyCheck to verify personal and bank …Sooooo many companies and places use MyCheck to verify personal and bank details it could be anything from a hotel booking just checking payment is possible later to a new mobile phone contract check. If you’ve done anything new recently or taken out any credit or insurances this may be them checking who you are and the charge will drop off later.

Sorry, don't know why I didn't see this originally. Thank you.
gjta1229/06/2020 23:41

Sorry, don't know why I didn't see this originally. Thank you.

gjta1229/06/2020 23:03

Pending

They won’t take it then it will be returned to your bank balance in 3-5days
Happened on my account last week after booking the Village Hotels deal.
It also happens when you use a credit card at ADSA self-service petrol pumps, however it isn't ususally noticed as it is then included in the final price. Cheers
cazw197330/06/2020 09:03

Me too 👊
cazw197330/06/2020 09:03

That's who I booked with so it must be to do with that.
Post a comment
@
    Text