Groups

1PS3 + 1 Xbox 360 but only 1 HDMI port - Is it possible?

Hello, i curently have a ps3 connected by a HDMI cable but i am also thinkging of purchasing a xbox 360 but am unsure how i am going to be able to connect it to the tv and play it in HD.

Heres my TV: Samsung LE19R86BDX

directtvs.co.uk/Sam…asp

So do xboxs connect with a hdmi cable or can i use something use? Is it going to be possiable to have both of the consoles running in HD i dont reall want to have to disconnect cables all the time and reconnect them when i want to play on the other console.

Can anyone help me please or has any ideas if it is going to be possiable.

19 Comments

Original Poster

Here it is: ]http//ww…asp

play.com/Ele…ack)

yo want something like that, basically it has 3 HDMI ports on it, one for TV, two for cosnoles, you use a switch to switch between 'em.

Use component on the xbox.

Original Poster

t0mm;3293224

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/5301582/Skytronic-2-Port-HDMI-Switch-Box/Product.html?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Electronics-_-LCD-_-Skytronic%2B2%2BPort%2BHDMI%2BSwitch%2BBox%2B(Black)&source=5065&engine=froogle_electronics&keyword=Skytronic+2+Port+HDMI+Switch+Box+(Black)yo want something like that, basically it has 3 HDMI ports on it, one for TV, two for cosnoles, you use a switch to switch between 'em.

tht sounds good - looks big though, how much would on cost from a proper retailer though?

deathtrap3000;3293229

Use component on the xbox.

:oops: sorry, dont know wht tht is

smasha7;3293246

http://www.bizrate.co.uk/audio_videocables_adapters/oid733721852.htmlNot … http://www.bizrate.co.uk/audio_videocables_adapters/oid733721852.htmlNot cheap but is that what you were after?

:? is it really gonna cost tht much! is tht the same on as in the 2nd post down or is this a better quality one do u reckon?

mum2b;3293283

tht sounds good - looks big though, how much would on cost from a proper … tht sounds good - looks big though, how much would on cost from a proper retailer though?:oops: sorry, dont know wht tht is:? is it really gonna cost tht much! is tht the same on as in the 2nd post down or is this a better quality one do u reckon?

I'd imagine the one I posted is better quality but I didn't really look very hard, just posted one of the 1st ones I found. :oops: :lol:

mum2b;3293283

:oops: sorry, dont know wht tht is

Its another way of getting hd from the xbox.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3293321

Its another way of getting hd from the xbox.

oh, so wht does it look like please? Wht does it plug into?

Component on your TV is the five sockets marked up below

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s60/jamesceekay/TV.jpg

Argghhh as with most things in life, there is a solution......

Component is an option, you can also connect via a VGA cable as well. It partially depends on what other devices you're wanting to connect through in future, one of my TVs has just one HDMI port as well so I've fitted a four port hdmi switcher (cost me about 15 pounds) which allows me to switch between four hdmi devices by just pressing a button on the device.

John

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3293478

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360componenthdcable/

great - so does this come in the box? it is in hd aint it

Johnmcl7;3293545

Component is an option, you can also connect via a VGA cable as well. It … Component is an option, you can also connect via a VGA cable as well. It partially depends on what other devices you're wanting to connect through in future, one of my TVs has just one HDMI port as well so I've fitted a four port hdmi switcher (cost me about 15 pounds) which allows me to switch between four hdmi devices by just pressing a button on the device.John

so do u reckon tht will be better? the cable thingy component above or wht u said?

Also have u got a link for one? xx

Original Poster

bump - rep added

There are 3 options for hd on the xbox.
    Component
    HDMI
    VGA
    They all provide a decent picture. Some TV's wont accept 1080p over VGA or Component.
    The Premium version comes with a Component cable. The Elite comes with a HDMI cable. The Arcade versions comes with neither, but both can be used on it. The VGA cable comes separate and can be used on all consoles.

mum2b;3294376

great - so does this come in the box? it is in hd aint itso do u reckon … great - so does this come in the box? it is in hd aint itso do u reckon tht will be better? the cable thingy component above or wht u said?Also have u got a link for one? xx

Some people prefer VGA and it is a neater connection but personally I was quite happy with component on my Premium - this cable comes in the box with any of the Xbox 360 models aside from the Core/Arcade.

John

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3296812

There are 3 options for hd on the xbox. ComponentHDMIVGAThey all provide … There are 3 options for hd on the xbox. ComponentHDMIVGAThey all provide a decent picture. Some TV's wont accept 1080p over VGA or Component. The Premium version comes with a Component cable. The Elite comes with a HDMI cable. The Arcade versions comes with neither, but both can be used on it. The VGA cable comes separate and can be used on all consoles.

Johnmcl7;3297135

Some people prefer VGA and it is a neater connection but personally I was … Some people prefer VGA and it is a neater connection but personally I was quite happy with component on my Premium - this cable comes in the box with any of the Xbox 360 models aside from the Core/Arcade.John

thank you both

Banned

Yh I would use compontent witht he 360...its the lead that comes with it as standard

Banned

you want an HDMI switch box

you can sniff these out for about £20, but you will probably need another hdmi lead as i havent seen any that are supplied with one.

basically it will give you two (or more) hdmi inputs and 1 hdmi output. you then switch between them with either a switch on the box or some are remote controlled.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions