1st central car insurance

Posted 6th Oct
Hello

My fianceès car insurance is due for renewal (learner policy) and 1st central are by far the cheapest quote at around £60 less than the next insurer.

I did do a quick search on discussions for previous feedback but the thread is 3 years old so I thought it's best to ask for more recent experiences.

Has anyone had any recent experience with 1st central? Good, bad or indifferent? I would gather it's the same as all insurers and you don't really know until you need to claim, but there are a couple of terrifying reviews on trustpilot about fees and charges. The terms and conditions don't seem to have anything alarming in them, the usual fees but nothing untoward.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I’ve been with them loads over past 10 years they come out cheapest so often. If I’ve needed anything or had to change anything they’ve been no bother. I’ve never had an accident so can’t comment on that but all insurers are they same.
Had a policy with them for almost a year now... refused to give me £50 cashback that I was expecting from Quidco after a long claim process! So wasn’t very happy about that
I used them a few years ago and had to use their free key cover service when I locked my keys in the car, overall a pretty good experience.
Pretty good. Used them a few years back. Had an accident and claimed. No problems. Luckily I had legal cover, which makes it so easy.
I had them in my first year 5 years ago. Moved to GoSkippy since then. They are alright.
thanks all, seems like I don't need to be too concerned then
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants