Groups

1TB external hard drive to back up some files

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can recommend me a external hard drive so that I can back up my files easily.

Not sure which to get etc as never bought one before so don't have much knowledge.

Any suggestions/advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

14 Comments

from personal experience, avoid seagate. western digital seem to get good reviews but abit more expensive

Currys have the 1GB Toshiba Canvio Connect USB 3.0 for £49.99 BUT with £10 cashback after 30 days, I bought one for a freesat box to record tv programmes on. So for £39.99 its a good deal, usb powered to.

don't go for a hard drive get a solid state drive faster transfers plus so much better

andrewmclachlan1

don't go for a hard drive get a solid state drive faster transfers plus … don't go for a hard drive get a solid state drive faster transfers plus so much better

​A 1tb ssd? Thatll be nice and cheap.

andrewmclachlan1

don't go for a hard drive get a solid state drive faster transfers plus … don't go for a hard drive get a solid state drive faster transfers plus so much better

SSD drives are usually for putting inside a pc for Games and OS so they start a lot faster, and ordinary 5200 rpm HDD will be soooo much cheaper and fast enough for back ups as described.
    Edited by: "garbageguy" 9th Sep 2016

craigstephens

​A 1tb ssd? Thatll be nice and cheap.

m.ebuyer.com/480284

Op you don't need an ssd for a external hdd for backup data, just go for a cheap wd drive, I have found them to be the most reliable

andrewmclachlan1

​http://m.ebuyer.com/480284

thats not a ssd thats a hybrid

andrewmclachlan1

http://m.ebuyer.com/480284

​lol

Original Poster

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions
    Ordered the Toshiba from curry's.

Anyone got any info on how to back up with it?

usy2k14

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions Ordered the Toshiba from … Thank you all for your comments and suggestions Ordered the Toshiba from curry's. Anyone got any info on how to back up with it?

easus todo backup free

todo-backup.com/pro…htm

What's the best to expand memory for my son's xbox one? We've used an external hard drive before, but anything too technical will throw us!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047148
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767372
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2464
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62482

See more discussions