2" gap between my kitchen cupboard- how to fill gap?

Found 21st Dec 2017
I have a 2 inch gap between the walls and the kitchen cupboards. It's causing fine dust and even small plaster or stone work to always fall down from behind onto my kitchen counter.

It's 2m in length, is there any way of avoiding drilling and gluing a strip of wood underneath the kitchen cupboards flush to the wall to stop the dust falling onto my counter?

Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
No you need to leave that gap open as it's for the giant spiders that come out after you go to sleep at night
25 Comments
carrier bags
No you need to leave that gap open as it's for the giant spiders that come out after you go to sleep at night
Perhaps something like this that could be stuck on the back wall with no more nails which would overlap the bottom of the cupboards by 10mm eBay
I have little grey polystyrene balls that appear on my kitchen counter at regular intervals from who knows where. Maybe they are actually giant spider eggs. I haven't even got a gap they are coming from, they just materialise
psychobitchfromhell15 m ago

I have little grey polystyrene balls that appear on my kitchen counter at …I have little grey polystyrene balls that appear on my kitchen counter at regular intervals from who knows where. Maybe they are actually giant spider eggs. I haven't even got a gap they are coming from, they just materialise

Cavity wall insulation.
Chip fat and biscuit crumbs. Otherwise known as "keyboard muesli".
shadey124 m ago

Cavity wall insulation.

Yeah but I can't find where they are coming from (apart from the cavity obviously) like the giant spider egg theory better. A bit more drama
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 0 m ago

Yeah but I can't find where they are coming from (apart from the cavity …Yeah but I can't find where they are coming from (apart from the cavity obviously) like the giant spider egg theory better. A bit more drama

Spi at low moor, maybe it really stands for spider packaging Ltd.
shadey123 m ago

Spi at low moor, maybe it really stands for spider packaging Ltd.

Sabotage! The conspiracy deepens. This is much more interesting than insulation
psychobitchfromhell19 m ago

Sabotage! The conspiracy deepens. This is much more interesting than …Sabotage! The conspiracy deepens. This is much more interesting than insulation

32863573.jpgJust a cover story.
Edited by: "shadey12" 21st Dec 2017
shadey128 m ago

[Image] Just a cover story.

Maybe some of their breeding spiders have escaped and are living here in odsal. Or maybe it is more sinister and they are actually using my cavity walls for breeding purposes and this is a few they have spilled when they come to harvest. I reckon the window cleaner is in on the conspiracy
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 32 m ago

Yeah but I can't find where they are coming from (apart from the cavity …Yeah but I can't find where they are coming from (apart from the cavity obviously) like the giant spider egg theory better. A bit more drama

We had this before. Only appeared every now and then. Couldn't for the life of us work out what they were - until one night I went downstairs to get a drink and spotted a little snake on the side.

Watch ya self.
miikeyblue21st Dec 2017

We had this before. Only appeared every now and then. Couldn't for the …We had this before. Only appeared every now and then. Couldn't for the life of us work out what they were - until one night I went downstairs to get a drink and spotted a little snake on the side.Watch ya self.

Snakes???? Spiders was bad enough. Now I have a snake infestation.
psychobitchfromhell1 m ago

Snakes???? Spiders was bad enough. Now I have a snake infestation.

Yea. I was told at the time that the eggs on the kitchen side are nothing to worry about , so don't panic too much.

I was also told though that the ones under the kitchen counters are worth getting a little nervous about.
psychobitchfromhell9 m ago

Maybe some of their breeding spiders have escaped and are living here in …Maybe some of their breeding spiders have escaped and are living here in odsal. Or maybe it is more sinister and they are actually using my cavity walls for breeding purposes and this is a few they have spilled when they come to harvest. I reckon the window cleaner is in on the conspiracy

Maybe that's the real reason the transport museum closed. Spi are breeding spiders and some have escaped through the old mine shafts of the odsal, low moor area.
As a suggestion the easiest solution maybe to use expanding foam.

screwfix.com/p/n…470

Op, what about using Pipe insulation ? Cheap and lightweight and easy to fit. Get the right size and it might just push in and hold itself in place.
Easy fix, mrplasticltd.co.uk/pro…-5m Sub £2 affix with builders grab adhesive sub £2 from screw fix
shadey121 h, 19 m ago

Maybe that's the real reason the transport museum closed. Spi are breeding …Maybe that's the real reason the transport museum closed. Spi are breeding spiders and some have escaped through the old mine shafts of the odsal, low moor area.

Ah yes and now they have opened the new station right next door they could be in huddersfield in less than half an hour. And from there, who knows where it could end???
miikeyblue21st Dec 2017

Yea. I was told at the time that the eggs on the kitchen side are nothing …Yea. I was told at the time that the eggs on the kitchen side are nothing to worry about , so don't panic too much.I was also told though that the ones under the kitchen counters are worth getting a little nervous about.

I found some in the back garden when I was digging a new patio out a couple of months ago. Do you think they will survive the cold? Am I likely to be over run with snakes come spring time?
psychobitchfromhell24 m ago

I found some in the back garden when I was digging a new patio out a …I found some in the back garden when I was digging a new patio out a couple of months ago. Do you think they will survive the cold? Am I likely to be over run with snakes come spring time?

Yea they're quite hardy little blighters. And definitely gonna be over run.
Measure the exact space and get thin cut splash_back or fill with either a thin strip of perspex any local timber yard would cut it out for you. You won't need to glue into place just make sure it's about a 1mm wider so it'll slot in without glue . Better still to have it cut in a L shape so one part would lean on the back of the units and the flat side to the wall
We are in a old house where nothing is 100% straight and was a nightmare with a new kitchen
One side of out kitchen we had a gap between the wall and cupboard
Believe it was over a inch gap
We used a piece of window trim as pictured
Doesn't look out of place and to be honest how often do you look under the cupboard

32885225-QLOZZ.jpg
Thanks Bradleigh, what did you use as an adhesive?
SCuboid14 h, 45 m ago

Thanks Bradleigh, what did you use as an adhesive?

White decorators caulk
Hth
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants