Groups

2 Minute Silence

Who stopped to do this and who forgot all about it.

My work place did it.

29 Comments

sshhhhhhh

I am at home alone with the radio on and stopped what I was doing to observe it

We did it, the phones kpet ringing though so some peopel obviously weren't

oops didnt realise it was that time already. Me and my boyfriend were in the shower so not sure if either of us spoke then but i forgot all about it!!

I did it but my workplace didnt

ah nuts, forgot all about it at work. i'll do it at 12.

hollypinder;3430450

oops didnt realise it was that time already. Me and my boyfriend were in … oops didnt realise it was that time already. Me and my boyfriend were in the shower so not sure if either of us spoke then but i forgot all about it!!

Lucky you!:w00t:

Original Poster

I forgot to do it last year, i was in town and walked in to a centre and all these people were just standing still and i said to the OH what happening Ooopppsss!!

my work sent an email about it but its not enforced so made no difference.

one tool across the way decided to make a very loud call at the 11.00,

*Mod Edit* >

Banned

Yeah we did it, everyone should...slight row kicked off now cause a couple of managers spent the whole time laughing and joking and a few people have gone off about it

I did and most of the staff, 3 people in my office wouldnt shut the hell up, bloody disrespectful in my opinion.!!

Banned

jellybaby22;3430455

well im on my own..so unless talking to myself in my head counts..(not in … well im on my own..so unless talking to myself in my head counts..(not in a loopy way.....:oops:) then I observed...

awww bless you x

I can't believe that some people do not observe it (if they know). Especially if your only 3 out of an office full. Absolutley disgraceful. If i was their boss i'd be giving them some flack.

i did and on sunday too

Original Poster

ODB_69;3430476

Yeah we did it, everyone should...slight row kicked off now cause a … Yeah we did it, everyone should...slight row kicked off now cause a couple of managers spent the whole time laughing and joking and a few people have gone off about it

Thats bad there are the ones who should be setting an example to there staff.:x

Banned

jellybaby22;3430485

emm thanks.....:?

i was alone too :oops:

Our Perdy Did Not Comply

BlondeBella;3430500

Thats bad there are the ones who should be setting an example to there … Thats bad there are the ones who should be setting an example to there staff.:x

exactly. I'd be one of those having a go at them. It's a strong point for me which should be observed by everyone.

Banned

BlondeBella;3430500

Thats bad there are the ones who should be setting an example to there … Thats bad there are the ones who should be setting an example to there staff.:x

Yeah exactly...makes it worse as one was my manager, but she couldnt manage a **** up in a brewery anyway...

Oh well...complaints have been made to the GM apparently...ex military...sure he wont be too happy about it

Original Poster

ODB_69;3430528

Yeah exactly...makes it worse as one was my manager, but she couldnt … Yeah exactly...makes it worse as one was my manager, but she couldnt manage a **** up in a brewery anyway...Oh well...complaints have been made to the GM apparently...ex military...sure he wont be too happy about it

I should think so too, Alot of people died and are still dying from war even if you don't know who they are they are fighting for us and deserve are thought.

Can we not turn this into an accusatory thread, respect those that did, ignore those that didn't. I'm sure we all have forgotten some time in our lives :?

ajay87;3430524

exactly. I'd be one of those having a go at them. It's a strong point for … exactly. I'd be one of those having a go at them. It's a strong point for me which should be observed by everyone.

Yeah definately, I know at my kids school they were changing the play times around so all the children could be together in the school hall to observe it. It doesn't take much effort to show respect to those who have fought in the past and also in present

I was at the gym and everyone stopped and observed the silence :thumbsup:

choc1969;3430578

Can we not turn this into an accusatory thread, respect those that did, … Can we not turn this into an accusatory thread, respect those that did, ignore those that didn't. I'm sure we all have forgotten some time in our lives :?

well said, those that chose to pay respect did so, those that dont care have their own opinion and should be left to it, those that abused it dont deserve talking about

kungfu;3430691

I was at the gym and everyone stopped and observed the silence :thumbsup:

Thats good to hear. LIke it should be.

I did it but my workplace didnt

I was at home on my own and I observed it. Wouldn't dream of not doing so.

starsparkle2311;3430951

well just come back from my maths class which is in a centre, right next … well just come back from my maths class which is in a centre, right next to a middle school, we observed it but the school didn't, it was their playtime

Extremely poor by the school. Extremely poor.

we observed it in work, but some muppets talked all the way through it, and others continued to click their mouses all the way through it.

fireheaven;3430447

I am at home alone with the radio on and stopped what I was doing to … I am at home alone with the radio on and stopped what I was doing to observe it

same here-they did loads for us-i think its important
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions