Found 30th Aug 2010
Hi there, I'm looking to hook up 2 monitors on a PC I have at work, I want the monitors to display the same thing, the mobo I have is;
Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 7.1 channel audio mATX Motherboard

Currently running Windows XP service pack 3.

Do I need to buy an additional video card, or is there some sort of cable that 'splits' and allows 2 connections to the PC?

Thanks.

8 Comments

Original Poster

For example, would something like this work;

ebuyer.com/pro…612

?

That should do the trick

Banned

why would you want the same display on two monitors ?

Original Poster

Lol, when I need to show a customer what I'm doing with their file, or an application of theirs. So I don't have to move my monitor and risk pulling the cable out, or have them lean over the desk. (Got a weird set up in the office).

Thanks for the input.

Banned

That will work.

I bought a splitter mine so I could use it on my monitor and the tv, they don't work very well, as have been said the pic goes dull, best thing is to get a video card with 2 inputs.

Original Poster

Yeah, I've done a bit of research as well and the reviews are mixed.
I imagine that if I buy a video card it will do the job I need.

Quick question dcx, if I install a video card can I then use it to split the image over 2 or even 3 monitors? i.e. 1 picture will be split into 2 or 3 monitors depending on the set up? If so, what card is capable of this?

get an sli/crossfire rig
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc22
    2. CEX grading68
    3. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    4. Advice on selling an iPhone?67

See more discussions