2 PS4’s linked to one account?

Found 28th Dec 2017
I’ve purchased a new PS4 for my daughters birthday.Could I use the same ps account I use on mine for my daughters?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Yes, but you won’t be able to play at the same time. You can only be signed in to one at once. You would be better getting her own, and setting up parental controls.
Original Poster
choccie328 m ago

Yes, but you won’t be able to play at the same time. You can only be s …Yes, but you won’t be able to play at the same time. You can only be signed in to one at once. You would be better getting her own, and setting up parental controls.

Thanks for that
Problem is the thing she loves the most is minecraft and I’ve bought a lot of add ons for it too.Most of the games I play are ones I’ve purchased on the ps store so I’m stuffed really.To play both at the same time is the very reason I bought her one too
scorpio.iscariot19 m ago

Thanks for thatProblem is the thing she loves the most is minecraft and …Thanks for thatProblem is the thing she loves the most is minecraft and I’ve bought a lot of add ons for it too.Most of the games I play are ones I’ve purchased on the ps store so I’m stuffed really.To play both at the same time is the very reason I bought her one too

You 100% can play a game you own digitally at the same time on different consoles, just not whilst signed into the same profile. You just need to put your profile onto her console, then make her console the primary console. Then add her own psn profile to the console, she can then sign into her own profile and share all your content.
INDUSTRYHATER3 m ago

You 100% can play a game you own digitally at the same time on different …You 100% can play a game you own digitally at the same time on different consoles, just not whilst signed into the same profile. You just need to put your profile onto her console, then make her console the primary console. Then add her own psn profile to the console, she can then sign into her own profile and share all your content.

Yes you can do it this way, in your situation this would be best option. You’d also not need two ps+ payments as game sharing includes plus. Remember to back up your saves from your ps manually though, as the automated back ups will only come from the primary console (which would be your daughters)
scorpio.iscariot23 m ago

Thanks for thatProblem is the thing she loves the most is minecraft and …Thanks for thatProblem is the thing she loves the most is minecraft and I’ve bought a lot of add ons for it too.Most of the games I play are ones I’ve purchased on the ps store so I’m stuffed really.To play both at the same time is the very reason I bought her one too

Choccie32 is correct though, you cannot use the same profile at the same time. She must use her own profile, making hers the primary console means she can share all your games and your ps plus subscription. You can play your digital content with each other (on diff consoles) as long as you use your profile and she uses hers.

I share my content with my son, took a whole for me to get my head around it all
Log onto your PS4 settings > user > deactivate primary console

Go into your daughter's PS4 make new user. Use your email and password to add your account to her console. Agree to set up as primary on her console.

That'll allow her to use all content you own on any user on that device.

So she'll log into daughter account but can play your games.
While on your own console you'd be using your account anyways.

Only downside is that you have to manually back up your saves to the cloud.
Edited by: "kos1c" 29th Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions