2 questions: Edit vob video files and setup ps3 with usa proxy..

Hi all,

1. I am looking to edit a load of vob video files after converting vhs to dvd. I used to have a really great and easy to use free program but has to reformat hard drive and cant remember what it was called.

2. I am wanting to setup my PS3 network settings so I can use the american store, everytime i try it says connecting to psn network failed and username/password maybe incorrect but i know my login details are fine and ive tried a couple of the posts already on here.

Any help on both subjects would be great,

Thanks all.

4 Comments

Banned

1. If you have all the dvd files{ifo bup vob} load the video in a dvd authoring program like Tmpgenc dvd Author and cut out the scenes you don't want.

I don't think you need to use a proxy to access the US PSN store.. I've gone on there (and the JP one) by just creating a new PSN account and entering some made up US address details. They could have changed that though so I'll wait for someone else to clarify..

Having said that, even if you did use a proxy, downloading anything through it is going to be a recipe for failure - free proxies are so so so slow and if the game/theme/whatever is more than a few MBs you could be waiting ages (and it could fail half way too - leaving you having to start over again..).

also, I think Handbrake can convert VOBs to AVIs.. check it out - handbrake.fr
you could then edit the AVIs and use another program to burn them to DVD again..

Original Poster

csiman;7887839

1. If you have all the dvd files{ifo bup vob} load the video in a dvd … 1. If you have all the dvd files{ifo bup vob} load the video in a dvd authoring program like Tmpgenc dvd Author and cut out the scenes you don't want.

thanx willl give it a try.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;7888069

I don't think you need to use a proxy to access the US PSN store.. I've … I don't think you need to use a proxy to access the US PSN store.. I've gone on there (and the JP one) by just creating a new PSN account and entering some made up US address details. They could have changed that though so I'll wait for someone else to clarify..Having said that, even if you did use a proxy, downloading anything through it is going to be a recipe for failure - free proxies are so so so slow and if the game/theme/whatever is more than a few MBs you could be waiting ages (and it could fail half way too - leaving you having to start over again..).also, I think Handbrake can convert VOBs to AVIs.. check it out - http://handbrake.fryou could then edit the AVIs and use another program to burn them to DVD again..

Thanx, I know someone that has a shipping addres for stuff from the states so could use that lol, :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3301182
    2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…11
    3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1326
    4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1525

See more discussions