Groups

2 separate questions about Uber

Do Uber charge extra for taking suitcases (like the average taxi does) and do UberXL take 26inch bikes?

14 Comments

best to ask uber directly as different areas will have slightly different methods and also some areas have very few uber xl

Original Poster

justanothercid

best to ask uber directly as different areas will have slightly different … best to ask uber directly as different areas will have slightly different methods and also some areas have very few uber xl

​K, just done that. Thanks

ysm1234

​K, just done that. Thanks

What did they say?

Original Poster

Emailed them. Waiting for reply

ysm1234

Emailed them. Waiting for reply

Cool. I think luggage will be free but doubt they'd be keen to take a bike. In Holland there's a type of Uber that has a bike rack but I doubt the UK will ever be so cycle friendly. Good luck!

Original Poster

IamMT

Cool. I think luggage will be free but doubt they'd be keen to take a … Cool. I think luggage will be free but doubt they'd be keen to take a bike. In Holland there's a type of Uber that has a bike rack but I doubt the UK will ever be so cycle friendly. Good luck!

​Reply was:
    No charge for luggage, with regards to bike, order UberXL and then contact driver to confirm whether they can take a bike. If they can't, cancel within 5mins of ordering and there's no cancellation fee.

They dont charge extra.. in my experience anyway.
    Got an Uber XL few months back, from central london to heathrow about £43 with 6 massive 25kg suitcases and 5 people.

Never heard of any taxi charging for luggage is this normal in some places?

Was also wondering that. Never come across a taxi which charged for luggage. Maybe the drive just felt like make extra on you OP.

123batman321

Never heard of any taxi charging for luggage is this normal in some … Never heard of any taxi charging for luggage is this normal in some places?

black hackney taxis are alllowed to charge per bag on the tarrif/

is why i avoid them if coming back on a flight

Original Poster

iSpy2016

Was also wondering that. Never come across a taxi which charged for … Was also wondering that. Never come across a taxi which charged for luggage. Maybe the drive just felt like make extra on you OP.

​Definitely black (hackney) cabs.

mrwhitelabel

black hackney taxis are alllowed to charge per bag on the tarrif/is why i … black hackney taxis are alllowed to charge per bag on the tarrif/is why i avoid them if coming back on a flight

Not in London.
    "There are no extra charges for luggage, additional passengers or carrying of assistance dogs. "
    tfl.gov.uk/mod…res

IamMT

Not in London."There are no extra charges for luggage, additional … Not in London."There are no extra charges for luggage, additional passengers or carrying of assistance dogs. "https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/taxis-and-minicabs/taxi-fares

bristol and birmingham certainly used to.
    havent used recently, just use uber or other private hire
    https://s28.postimg.org/5wivp9lp9/taxi.jpg

IamMT

Not in London."There are no extra charges for luggage, additional … Not in London."There are no extra charges for luggage, additional passengers or carrying of assistance dogs. "https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/taxis-and-minicabs/taxi-fares

That must've changed. It certainly used to be they charged.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047148
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767372
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2464
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62482

See more discussions