Groups

2 Sky+ Boxes

Banned
    This may sound silly but....

If I currently have Sky+ in my front room downstairs, can I get another Sky+ box put in upstairs to record things too?

11 Comments

Yes, it's called Sky Multiroom, costs an extra £10 a month

Original Poster Banned

Cheers Robotochan.

But can the two boxes record different things?

If not, can you access the recorded box in the front room from upstairs in my bedroom?:?

yeah, it's the exact same service as you get downstairs, same channels and same abilities like recording

They are totally seperate boxes (providing you pay for multiroom)

Its like having 2 computers, if you download something to one you cant access it on the other

Original Poster Banned

Brilliant.

So if I bought an extra Sky+ box I could just swap it with my multiroom box upstairs and then record two different things?

No unfortunatly, it needs a new cable as Sky+ requires 2 signals from the dish. Take a look at the Hot Deals section, there have been a couple of "get sky+ for £59" threads, there might be a deal within them for Multiroom installation

bleudavinci

Brilliant. So if I bought an extra Sky+ box I could just swap it with my … Brilliant. So if I bought an extra Sky+ box I could just swap it with my multiroom box upstairs and then record two different things?

You'll need the 2 input cables from the dish to have full sky+ compatability upstairs, as I'm guessing at present you only have 1. I'm guessing that with one input you'll only be able to watch the channel your recording or a previously taped show.

Yup, you have to have an installer put another wire through to get the sky+ extras such as recording.

Original Poster Banned

Yeah I only have one cable. So there would be no point in getting another Sky+ box I would better with just a normal multiroom box.

Can you access downstairs' recorded programs on multiroom?

Thanks for pointing that out Paddy_o_furniture

Nope, you cant

If you wanted to access your recordings from the sky+ box you could get a TV Link installed from the back of the sky+ box to the T.V upstairs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions