2 student overdrafts...

Found 14th Aug 2011
somebody talk me out of acquiring another one or i'm doing it...

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Banned

go for it, your only young once

It's up to you! Do you want twice the debt? Has to be repaid eventually

Original Poster

golemsmate

It's up to you! Do you want twice the debt? Has to be repaid eventually

another £1.5k debt is nominal in comparison to future earnings and how far this £1.5k would get me - so i suppose it's worth it

If you're confident of getting a job/ well paid enough job within the year or two until the banks want you to reduce the overdraft.

I thought you're only allowed one student bank account these days?

become a rent boy instead

my mate did it, not good though unless your really desperate.

ciazman

another £1.5k debt is nominal in comparison to future earnings and how … another £1.5k debt is nominal in comparison to future earnings and how far this £1.5k would get me - so i suppose it's worth it

you'll be lucky to get any job after graduating the way the country is, still if you need the funds now go for it but remember that banks are not so nice once you have graduated

Edited by: "shedboy66" 14th Aug 2011

Lessons need to be learnt. You must take robust action. We will find means and ways to find you. You will face the full extent of the law. If you are old enough to do it, you are old enough to face the consequences. There, that should do it. I think I was firm enough, now to run the country.

I opened 2 student bank accounts back in 2004 and withdrew the entire overdraft and put it all into savings. If you do it make sure you regularlly pay into the account or they'll send you letters demanding you pay it back.

Banned

You may be able to open it, but when your loan cheque doesn't go in, they will close it and ask for the cash back.

dimebars

You may be able to open it, but when your loan cheque doesn't go in, they … You may be able to open it, but when your loan cheque doesn't go in, they will close it and ask for the cash back.

So are you saying you can't have a student bank account if you don't apply for a student loan?

I have 2 student bank accounts with fee free overdrafts on both, one with natwest which my bursary goes into and one with halifax, i just make sure i transfer some funds into that every month and have a direct debit set up i have had both for over 1 year with no problems.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions