Groups

2 way IP camera advice

Hi,

I need advice for a 2 way IP camera. I have had a look on eBay but they seem dodgy as the item is being shipped from Birmingham or elsewhere in the UK but the business address is in China, HK or thailand. Ive also had a look on Amazon but there are too many fake 5* reviews which put me off.

If anyone has one please do comment and let me know which one you have. If not please recommend one. Looking for one that can be connected to a phone and has audio capabilities so if I say something on my phone it will come out the camera speaker.

Thanks

16 Comments

I have bought a number of these cameras and recommended them to friends. Do you just need a static one directional view e.g. a fixed camera or one that you can pan and tilt? I have bought a few from the manufacturer Sricam (they work fine and send audio both ways). I have recently bought an Aiguozer pan/tilt camera via Amazon and it works fine also but pans/tilts also and costs a bit more than the fixed position cameras.

Original Poster

Looking for ones that I can tilt and pan. I saw the sricam ones but thought they were just for the apple operating syste, I have android. I also read on some of the descriptions and reviews the mobile phone has to be connected to the same wifi in order to access the camera remotely. Is this true?

I will be going on holiday and was ideally wanting one I could connect to using 3g/4g.

ShootistUK

I have bought a number of these cameras and recommended them to friends. … I have bought a number of these cameras and recommended them to friends. Do you just need a static one directional view e.g. a fixed camera or one that you can pan and tilt? I have bought a few from the manufacturer Sricam (they work fine and send audio both ways). I have recently bought an Aiguozer pan/tilt camera via Amazon and it works fine also but pans/tilts also and costs a bit more than the fixed position cameras.

DevilsReaper

Hi, I need advice for a 2 way IP camera. I have had a look on eBay but … Hi, I need advice for a 2 way IP camera. I have had a look on eBay but they seem dodgy as the item is being shipped from Birmingham or elsewhere in the UK but the business address is in China, HK or thailand.

I wouldn't let this dropshipping arrangment put you off, just ensure the seller has recent acceptable feedback and the other items currently for sale are similar to previous trading history (and any other of the usual awareness options that imply the seller is credible). I have purchased a number of items without issue from foreign-based sellers shifting kit directly from UK. I had one instance for a return and that was handled within UK.

DevilsReaper

Hi, I need advice for a 2 way IP camera

For external or internal use ? E.g monitoring contents of home, or shouting at callers to the door?

Original Poster

I will have a look again and see what the feedback is like.

It will be for internal use and shouting if i see someone

AndyRoyd

I wouldn't let this dropshipping arrangment put you off, just ensure the … I wouldn't let this dropshipping arrangment put you off, just ensure the seller has recent acceptable feedback and the other items currently for sale are similar to previous trading history (and any other of the usual awareness options that imply the seller is credible). I have purchased a number of items without issue from foreign-based sellers shifting kit directly from UK. I had one instance for a return and that was handled within UK.

AndyRoyd

For external or internal use ? E.g monitoring contents of home, or … For external or internal use ? E.g monitoring contents of home, or shouting at callers to the door?

devilsreaper costco have a motorola pan and tilt two way audio with temp alert at £59.99 ,software alerts you on windows mac android etc

Original Poster

Just had a look on their site, can't find it. Is it in-store?

tomminator

devilsreaper costco have a motorola pan and tilt two way audio with temp … devilsreaper costco have a motorola pan and tilt two way audio with temp alert at £59.99 ,software alerts you on windows mac android etc

I have one of THESE sumvision ip cameras which i highly recommend

Original Poster

Just had a look at it, looks good but the reviews iEye app are not that great. Have you had any issues with it?

stefromuk

I have one of THESE sumvision ip cameras which i highly recommend

DevilsReaper

Just had a look at it, looks good but the reviews iEye app are not that … Just had a look at it, looks good but the reviews iEye app are not that great. Have you had any issues with it?

​yeah had loads of issues when I first bought the camera a year ago...
    the app was truly terrible I even left a 1 star review on the playstore but thankfully there's been plenty of updates now and it's great connects every time and has some nice options..
    I should update my review on the play store actually

Original Poster

Thanks Ste, I will keep my options open for the moment but have added this to my watchlist

stefromuk

​yeah had loads of issues when I first bought the camera a year ago...the … ​yeah had loads of issues when I first bought the camera a year ago...the app was truly terrible I even left a 1 star review on the playstore but thankfully there's been plenty of updates now and it's great connects every time and has some nice options..I should update my review on the play store actually

DevilsReaper

Looking for ones that I can tilt and pan. I saw the sricam ones but … Looking for ones that I can tilt and pan. I saw the sricam ones but thought they were just for the apple operating syste, I have android. I also read on some of the descriptions and reviews the mobile phone has to be connected to the same wifi in order to access the camera remotely. Is this true? I will be going on holiday and was ideally wanting one I could connect to using 3g/4g.

The Sricam ones are good, but the apps (windows, android and iOS ) are riddled with bugs. I have an external done camera, the windows app doesn't detect it. The android app works, but only records for a few hours then stops recording - and because the recording hasn't 'finished' you cannot play it back. The iOS app does the same.

Original Poster

thanks luke, I was more inclined to get the sri one but now that you mention the software bugs I will do abit more research

118luke

The Sricam ones are good, but the apps (windows, android and iOS ) are … The Sricam ones are good, but the apps (windows, android and iOS ) are riddled with bugs. I have an external done camera, the windows app doesn't detect it. The android app works, but only records for a few hours then stops recording - and because the recording hasn't 'finished' you cannot play it back. The iOS app does the same.

buy a Hikvision. Excellent. No "Engrish" manuals or menus in the software. There are UK suppliers in eBay / Amazon.
    Highly rated cameras IMHO and was told by the guy fitting my alarm system that they were well respected in the security business.

I've tried the cheap-o ones which were really not that much cheaper, and they all went back due to issues. Not had any issue with the Hikvision ones.

Original Poster

Thanks but abit out my price range, im looking for an indoor one

daskapital

buy a Hikvision. Excellent. No "Engrish" manuals or menus in the … buy a Hikvision. Excellent. No "Engrish" manuals or menus in the software. There are UK suppliers in eBay / Amazon. Highly rated cameras IMHO and was told by the guy fitting my alarm system that they were well respected in the security business. I've tried the cheap-o ones which were really not that much cheaper, and they all went back due to issues. Not had any issue with the Hikvision ones.

DevilsReaper

Thanks but abit out my price range, im looking for an indoor one

They also do indoor ones about £100.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Currys Return44
      2. wANT TO BUY A CHEAP SSD11
      3. Swtiching to Galaxy from Iphone-Advice?22
      4. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9511

See more discussions