Groups

2 week old Ext hdd developed "click of death", Wifey chucked the box out thou

Banned
    As title, i bought a hardrive from currys 2 weeks ago and it has developed the click of death, Wifey chucked out the box and receipt thou :argh: so is there anything i can do?

Link to currys deal in 1st post

34 Comments

no receipt=no new HDD from Currys

maybe if you paid by card and can print out statement they will take that? gl

boothy;7564099

no receipt=no new HDD from Currys

Incorrect.

Can you prove you got it from Currys?

As suggested, bank statement, CC statement, sales assistant?

....if u paid cash & no receipt then its gonna be difficult.
    If however u used some sort of card (debit/credit) & can prove that it was bought from Curry's then u r protected for up to 6 months under the SOGA (Sale of Goods) Acts against faulty goods.

thesaint;7564128

Incorrect.Can you prove you got it from Currys?As suggested, bank … Incorrect.Can you prove you got it from Currys?As suggested, bank statement, CC statement, sales assistant?

incorrect again

how do you prove the actual item that is faulty was the item purchased on the statement?

statements etc are rarely accepted if ever

hope it is sorted though OP

boothy;7564151

incorrect again

Which part of my statement is incorrect?

Banned

boothy;7564151

incorrect againhow do you prove the actual item was purchased was the … incorrect againhow do you prove the actual item was purchased was the item purchased on the statement?statements etc are rarely accepted if everhope it is sorted though OP

wrong ive worked in a few retailers who would accept bank statement as proof of purchase, it will say te retailers name on there and that is good enough

also ive just had to prove my sony vaio was bought this year and was done so with a bank statement no problems

cheers

casparwhite;7564179

wrong ive worked in a few retailers who would accept bank statement as … wrong ive worked in a few retailers who would accept bank statement as proof of purchase, it will say te retailers name on there and that is good enoughalso ive just had to prove my sony vaio was bought this year and was done so with a bank statement no problemscheers

wrong,

a rare few do it out of goodwill not because they are obliged to by law

cheers

As a last option if all the curry options fail you should be able to RMA the drive via the Iomega website.

boothy;7564196

wrong,a rare few do it out of goodwill not because they are obliged to by … wrong,a rare few do it out of goodwill not because they are obliged to by lawcheers

Do you know what you are talking about(rhetorical question)?

berr.gov.uk/wha…tml

Q7. Do I have to produce a receipt to claim my rights?No. In fact the … Q7. Do I have to produce a receipt to claim my rights?No. In fact the trader doesn't have to give you a receipt in the first place so it would be unfair to say that you had to produce one. However, it might not be unreasonable for the shop to want some proof of purchase, so look to see if you have a cheque stub, bank statement, credit card slip etc., and this should be sufficient.

Banned

boothy;7564196

wrong,a rare few do it out of goodwill not because they are obliged to by … wrong,a rare few do it out of goodwill not because they are obliged to by lawcheers

a rare few.......thats around 5 for starters........some would even do so if you brought the item back in a bag from the store

law smaw
    u are wrong

cheers

thesaint;7564216

Do you know what you are talking about(rhetorical question)? … Do you know what you are talking about(rhetorical question)? http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

yeah right:roll:

casparwhite;7564220

a rare few.......thats around 5 for starterslaw smawu are wrongcheers

I am not

cheers

Another option....although too dishonest for me (damn my scruples!). Is to buy the exact drive from Currys again...swap the contents over and return the fully box u/s item with a receipt and get a refund.

Anyway!!!! Once u do prove that u bgt it from Curry's then don't take any rubbish from them abt 14-days or 16-days or 28-days, or if the y tell u to contact the manufacturer directly.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. and the relevant & related legislation dealing with faulty goods, you are entitled to this item being replaced by Curry's & DO NOT need to take the matter up with the manufacturer directly.
    The '28/16/14-day rule' is, of course nonsense and has absolutely no basis in law or any of the SOGA Acts!
    Remember your contract is with you the retailer, not the manufacturer - the retailer has a contract with the manufacturer which does not affect your statutory rights. Any goods can be returned for either an exchange or a refund under European legislation within a year (sometimes longer).

I recently got Play.com to agree to take something back which developed a fault & it was nearly a year old, furthermore, they r based in Jersey & don't even come under U.K. law

Slateman;7564274

Another option....although too dishonest for me (I always keep the boxes … Another option....although too dishonest for me (I always keep the boxes and the receipts). Is to buy the exact drive from Currys again...swap the contents over and return the fully box u/s item with a receipt and get a refund.

this is the best & easiest option

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Banned

sajsaleem;7564276

Anyway!!!! Once u do prove that u bgt it from Curry's then don't take any … Anyway!!!! Once u do prove that u bgt it from Curry's then don't take any rubbish from them abt 14-days or 16-days or 28-days, or if the y tell u to contact the manufacturer directly.Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. and the relevant & related legislation dealing with faulty goods, you are entitled to this item being replaced by Curry's & DO NOT need to take the matter up with the manufacturer directly.The '28/16/14-day rule' is, of course nonsense and has absolutely no basis in law or any of the SOGA Acts!Remember your contract is with you the retailer, not the manufacturer - the retailer has a contract with the manufacturer which does not affect your statutory rights. Any goods can be returned for either an exchange or a refund under European legislation within a year (sometimes longer).I recently got Play.com to agree to take something back which developed a fault & it was nearly a year old, furthermore, they r based in Jersey & don't even come under U.K. law

so much mis-information and illegal fraudulent info in 1 post its untrue

boothy;7564279

this is the best & easiest option :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Serial numbers ??

Another duff Iomega drive - I'll never buy another again - had the same problem with a 1.5tb I bought from Comet.

t0mm;7564348

Serial numbers ??

never ever check

I bought some toys from TJ hughes before xmas, to cut along story short they hard parts missing I attempted to return them without a reciept, they refused, went home printed my bank statement out showing the transaction. Manager double checked the details against the shops own reciepts for the date and time, and refunded to my card.

Original Poster Banned

sajsaleem;7564138

....if u paid cash & no receipt then its gonna be difficult.If however u … ....if u paid cash & no receipt then its gonna be difficult.If however u used some sort of card (debit/credit) & can prove that it was bought from Curry's then u r protected for up to 6 months under the SOGA (Sale of Goods) Acts against faulty goods.

afraid not, Paid cash, Only thing i do have is my inital reservation email

Original Poster Banned

Slateman;7564274

Another option....although too dishonest for me (damn my scruples!). Is … Another option....although too dishonest for me (damn my scruples!). Is to buy the exact drive from Currys again...swap the contents over and return the fully box u/s item with a receipt and get a refund.

Had already thought of this, and as i have 2 stores nearby, i will take to origional store first and if i have no joy i will try the switching method at the other branch:thumbsup:

boothy;7564440

never ever check

Currys did when I had a faulty mp3 even though i had the receipt.

lottysdad08;7564683

afraid not, Paid cash, Only thing i do have is my inital reservation email

Won't it be linked to a pick up, and so shows that you picked it up?

Original Poster Banned

thesaint;7564778

Won't it be linked to a pick up, and so shows that you picked it up?

That what im hoping, That the reservation is linked to the transaction

If you can remember a rough time ad the exact date, and know which till you bought it at they should be able to pull up the transactions for the till for that period. Did you buy anything else, as saint says the reservation number should show you picked it up.

Original Poster Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;7564923

If you can remember a rough time ad the exact date, and know which till … If you can remember a rough time ad the exact date, and know which till you bought it at they should be able to pull up the transactions for the till for that period. Did you buy anything else, as saint says the reservation number should show you picked it up.

I Know the date and approx time and only purchased this so should be able to find it on their systems, just needs a bit of co-operation from thet staff ?

i bought a leappad from argos and i had no box or reciept. i just took my bank statement as proof of purchase and they gave me the amount on a gift card

sajsaleem:
    Anyway!!!! Once u do prove that u bgt it from Curry's then don't take any rubbish from them abt 14-days or 16-days or 28-days, or if the y tell u to contact the manufacturer directly.

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. and the relevant & related legislation dealing with faulty goods, you are entitled to this item being replaced by Curry's & DO NOT need to take the matter up with the manufacturer directly.
    The '28/16/14-day rule' is, of course nonsense and has absolutely no basis in law or any of the SOGA Acts!
    Remember your contract is with you the retailer, not the manufacturer - the retailer has a contract with the manufacturer which does not affect your statutory rights. Any goods can be returned for either an exchange or a refund under European legislation within a year (sometimes longer).

I recently got Play.com to agree to take something back which developed a fault & it was nearly a year old, furthermore, they r based in Jersey & don't even come under U.K. law
    so much mis-information and illegal fraudulent info in 1 post its untrue

ok, do u want to point out the mis-info in my post......pls?

Banned

sajsaleem;7567433

sajsaleem:Anyway!!!! Once u do prove that u bgt it from Curry's then … sajsaleem:Anyway!!!! Once u do prove that u bgt it from Curry's then don't take any rubbish from them abt 14-days or 16-days or 28-days, or if the y tell u to contact the manufacturer directly.Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994. The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. and the relevant & related legislation dealing with faulty goods, you are entitled to this item being replaced by Curry's & DO NOT need to take the matter up with the manufacturer directly.The '28/16/14-day rule' is, of course nonsense and has absolutely no basis in law or any of the SOGA Acts!Remember your contract is with you the retailer, not the manufacturer - the retailer has a contract with the manufacturer which does not affect your statutory rights. Any goods can be returned for either an exchange or a refund under European legislation within a year (sometimes longer).I recently got Play.com to agree to take something back which developed a fault & it was nearly a year old, furthermore, they r based in Jersey & don't even come under U.K. lawso much mis-information and illegal fraudulent info in 1 post its untrueok, do u want to point out the mis-info in my post......pls?

ignore casper the troll :thumbsup:

go buy a new one then put the broken one in the box and take it back with the new recipt :thumbsup:

Banned

sajsaleem;7569673

.....thks CSIMAN (I didn't realise that he was a troll)For anyone who is … .....thks CSIMAN (I didn't realise that he was a troll)For anyone who is genuinely interested, I got the facts off Trading Standards & other consumer groups' own website's.

Just put him on your ignore list like I and most others do. Then you wont have to see to his inane ramblings (he's deluded you know and must be on anti-depressants as he never offers any useful advice as you can see). :thumbsup::-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047143
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1425
      3. word association Game73944522
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869

See more discussions