2 x 3 metre led lights strips needed

Posted 3rd Jul
Hi all,my daughter wants some multicoloured led light strips in her room, I need 2 x 3 metre strips with a mains plug on each to go along her ceiling or skirting board (if the cable is short) would also like Alexa capability and an app she can use.
I have looked on the usual amazon and diy stores but I can’t seem to find what I need. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Something like this (Led strip)These ones can be cut to suit.
MrWalle03/07/2020 09:20

Something like this (Led strip)These ones can be cut to suit.

Thanks for the reply,the link doesn’t work though
stuuuuuuu03/07/2020 09:46

Thanks for the reply,the link doesn’t work though

I never even checked so apologies I’ll try again Alexa LED Strip Lights 5 Metre, Govee Smart WiFi Wireless APP Controlled, Music Sync Lighting Strip for Home Kitchen TV Party, Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant (Don’t Support 5G WiFi) amazon.co.uk/dp/…V1Z
Edited by: "MrWalle" 3rd Jul
MrWalle03/07/2020 09:47

I never even checked so apologies I’ll try again Alexa LED Strip Lights 5 M …I never even checked so apologies I’ll try again Alexa LED Strip Lights 5 Metre, Govee Smart WiFi Wireless APP Controlled, Music Sync Lighting Strip for Home Kitchen TV Party, Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant (Don’t Support 5G WiFi) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QCMCVD7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pOU.EbN2PHV1Z

Thanks I’ll check those out
MrWalle03/07/2020 09:47

I never even checked so apologies I’ll try again Alexa LED Strip Lights 5 M …I never even checked so apologies I’ll try again Alexa LED Strip Lights 5 Metre, Govee Smart WiFi Wireless APP Controlled, Music Sync Lighting Strip for Home Kitchen TV Party, Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant (Don’t Support 5G WiFi) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QCMCVD7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pOU.EbN2PHV1Z

The way you started that reply, reads like you began asking Alexa in real time.
Edited by: "PAISAL" 3rd Jul
I bought mine from this seller on eBay ebay.co.uk/itm…995
Waterproof RGB 5M with 2amp (UK) power supply £15.52 ( non waterproof £13.85) for the 5050 LED ones. These come from China and are posted using eBay's own carrier system , well tracked and took a week and a day to deliver both times I ordered. For some reason the listing is AU dollars but it's converted to £ . In 'Message to seller' section I put 'Please send UK power supply' , think they send correct supply for your country any way but just made sure they knew. I have put these in my conservatory , along the ledge where the roof meets the windows , looks really good lighting up the transparent roof panels. Works with my Google speaker plus from the android app they will sync with any tune you play on the phone.
Some good info on the web about LED strips , I found this one useful - waveformlighting.com/led…hts and also this ledsupply.com/blo…ts/
Edited by: "yorkie12" 3rd Jul
PAISAL03/07/2020 10:31

The way you started that reply, reads like you began asking Alexa in real …The way you started that reply, reads like you began asking Alexa in real time.

It does I didn’t want to edit it as for some reason that’s the way the link pasted over.
We had a set of the govee ones behind the TV - generally very good but the colour replication isn’t perfect (good but not exact). If I was doing a room I would buy them again though, they are cheap for what they are and otherwise worked really well.

I don’t know if you’ll be able to change them both simultaneously through Alexa though (there’s probably a way but never tried personally). So it might be worth checking.

Worth buying some connectors too (a few £ on Amazon) - it will make the corners of the room much easier to deal with
Harry_Felton03/07/2020 12:17

We had a set of the govee ones behind the TV - generally very good but the …We had a set of the govee ones behind the TV - generally very good but the colour replication isn’t perfect (good but not exact). If I was doing a room I would buy them again though, they are cheap for what they are and otherwise worked really well. I don’t know if you’ll be able to change them both simultaneously through Alexa though (there’s probably a way but never tried personally). So it might be worth checking. Worth buying some connectors too (a few £ on Amazon) - it will make the corners of the room much easier to deal with

On my app you just put both sets of lights into one group (or Room) then once paired with Alexa or Google you just say ' Alexa turn conservatory on , green , blue ,etc
Post a comment
@
    Text