Found 14th Apr 2008
I've heard today from a colleague that apparantly, anything electrical bought in the EU after April 2005 carries a 2 year warranty instead of the 1.
White goods carry a 6 year warranty.
Claims can only be made if its a manufacturers fault...

Is this true?

Could anyone confirm this with proof?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

i have no idea about topic

but what do u mean by white goods

Original Poster

bigbob909;1891360

i have no idea about topicbut what do u mean by white goods

White goods as in Washing machine, fridge, freezer etc....

Interesting thread on AV forums about this:

avforums.com/for…729

Basically from reading that (1) yes it's true, (2) it's not adopted by the UK, (3) UK law is 6 year statute of limitations so is actually better.

Original Poster

Cheers Admin....well basically, our Condenser Tumble Drier has packed in. It doesn't produce heat and it squeaks quite loud when on, so doesn't dry our clothes!
We have only had it 18 months and will cost about £90 odd to repair......do ya think we're covered??
Its a Hoover appliance...

I've generally had good luck with manufacturers when speaking to them direct about warranty. There's been quite a few times when products were outside of the stated warranty but the manufacturer still fixed/replaced free. The last one I remember is a Canon digicam that they replaced free when the lcd stopped working.

I don't know about legally but best is to approach them from the angle that you are a faithful customer and are very discouraged to see this break only 18 months in, that your expectation of Hoover is high quality which is why you bought it and now you don't know what to do etc etc, that you were hoping there would be something they can do to encourage you that this is not typical quality for their products.

birdyboyuk;1891443

Cheers Admin....well basically, our Condenser Tumble Drier has packed in. … Cheers Admin....well basically, our Condenser Tumble Drier has packed in. It doesn't produce heat and it squeaks quite loud when on, so doesn't dry our clothes!We have only had it 18 months and will cost about £90 odd to repair......do ya think we're covered??Its a Hoover appliance...

That sounds like a duff belt, fairly easy to fix if u can be bothered, two screws at back to remove lid, and prob six more for rear panel, then u will see the belt, replace it with new from spares shop and away u go
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?33
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person33
    3. MacBook44
    4. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options65

See more discussions