Groups

£20 note with Edward Elgar on back not legal tender after this month!

Hi
    Everyone may know this but thougth it worth mentioning. After the end of June in a few days the old £20 note will not be legal tender.
    Banks will however still take it for a few months.
    I only heard about this last week so i might not be the only one. Whilst i didnt have any in my purse i did find a couple in the house.
    Try to particularly mention it to older relations as they tend to keep money in the house.
    You will not be able to spend it in a shop and likewise they should not give you it.

8 Comments

Banks will always take it back no matter, but only in proper banks, go n check it out

Haven't seen one of those in ages, I thought they where already out of circulation!

I would sure as hell know if I have £20 laid around!

ei8hty5ive;8941165

Haven't seen one of those in ages, I thought they where already out of … Haven't seen one of those in ages, I thought they where already out of circulation!

I see probably about 1 in every 20 odd £20 notes as the ones going out of circulation at work, so not alot around now i don;t think

Damn, what am I gonna do with that 50k stashed under the bath? :whistling::thinking::p

Is it just me who didnt know about this then ?! I know I've not seen many of them lately, but I've not seen any info about this anywhere .... not even in the bank - and I do go there once a week :-) !

[size="6"]legal Tender? [/size]

http://images.tvrage.com/people/67/200414.jpg

localboy;8943686

[size="6"]legal Tender? [/size]

Hahaha that sketch is hilarious!! "Out of no where, a Scottish person appears"!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. PlayStation Hacked Again?11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32186
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?33
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1523

See more discussions