Expired

20% staff discount this weekend Tesco

Found 26th Sep 2012
Just received letter from tesco everybody who wrok at tesco will get 20% discount for this weekend

52 Comments

supermod

Moved to misc as a heads up as this discount is only available to Tesco staff rather than a discount available to all members, thanks for posting.

Just on food or anything?

It's on everything, TV's, electricals and laptops too.
New kindle can be picked up for about £50

Will it work on game preorders?

Can confirm, buying an iPad :)!

LDHughes

Will it work on game preorders?

I don't see why not, all discounts are subtracted at the time the order is placed, not the time it gets fulfilled.

teh arn

I don't see why not, all discounts are subtracted at the time the order … I don't see why not, all discounts are subtracted at the time the order is placed, not the time it gets fulfilled.

This is true, are there any vouchers available for entertainment or direct we can use as well.

Is it just for Sat/Sun, or Fri, Sat and Sun please?

Online too or just instore?

beth3735

Is it just for Sat/Sun, or Fri, Sat and Sun please?

Just for this weekend

Dehumanization

Online too or just instore?

Yes it's online too

teh arn

Just for this weekendYes it's online too

Thank you

LDHughes

This is true, are there any vouchers available for entertainment or … This is true, are there any vouchers available for entertainment or direct we can use as well.

This code for Direct is £10 off £75 spend.
TDX-RNTW

Very clever move by Tesco. Pay week for all staff. last weekend of the third quarter, for company accounts! all that revenue wont do the shares any harm!

Banned

DAMN IT

Off to get job a tesco's for the weekend

Dooleyboy

Very clever move by Tesco. Pay week for all staff. last weekend of the … Very clever move by Tesco. Pay week for all staff. last weekend of the third quarter, for company accounts! all that revenue wont do the shares any harm!

Its ok if all your Direct Debits don't come out on Monday after this weekend! lol Gutted, but tbh there isn't really that much i need!

churchill

DAMN ITOff to get job a tesco's for the weekend

You don't get the discount until after having worked there for 2 months (or something to that accord).

churchill

DON'T DO IT CHURCHY!

DragonChris

You don't get the discount until after having worked there for 2 months … You don't get the discount until after having worked there for 2 months (or something to that accord).

6 months and your soul

teh arn

6 months and your soul

http://canitbesaturdaynow.com/images/fpics/3614/PQGHd.jpg

I had to wait 1 yr before getting my card I would rather more hours than 20% off lol

surely would be better to just get paid a half decent wage than giving your money straight back to your employer

Can a tesco employee check if the discount is taken off first or the voucher code. Much appreciated.

Original Poster

FreebieJeebie

Can a tesco employee check if the discount is taken off first or the … Can a tesco employee check if the discount is taken off first or the voucher code. Much appreciated.

Firts Voucher code then discount

BINALSEJ

Yea it's the voucher code first then the discount.

pinkleponkle

surely would be better to just get paid a half decent wage than giving … surely would be better to just get paid a half decent wage than giving your money straight back to your employer

Better for whom?
A part time mum who does all the shopping at Tesco will benefit much more from a staff discount card than a slightly better rate per hour.
I on the other hand would prefer a slightly higher rate of pay as I am full time.
What's good for one isn't necessarily good for everyone else.

The thing I hate most is I didn't get my free shares this year due to the company apparently not making enough profit.

LDHughes

Better for whom?A part time mum who does all the shopping at Tesco will … Better for whom?A part time mum who does all the shopping at Tesco will benefit much more from a staff discount card than a slightly better rate per hour.I on the other hand would prefer a slightly higher rate of pay as I am full time.What's good for one isn't necessarily good for everyone else.The thing I hate most is I didn't get my free shares this year due to the company apparently not making enough profit.

It's awesome for students, high pay on sundays, staff discount, flexible hours etc.
I wouldn't be able to survive there full time though, not unless I worked my way up which isn't too hard.
But I have a "proper" job now, so it's all good.

pinkleponkle

surely would be better to just get paid a half decent wage than giving … surely would be better to just get paid a half decent wage than giving your money straight back to your employer

Tesco pays very well actually (for a supermarket) and it's very possible to have a good career with them.

DragonChris

Tesco pays very well actually (for a supermarket) and it's very possible … Tesco pays very well actually (for a supermarket) and it's very possible to have a good career with them.

Standard pay for stores within the M25 is just over £8 an hour at standard rates, £16 an hour on sundays/bank holidays for people on older contracts and about £12 an hour for those on newer contracts.

I think it's time and a quarter for those on the most recent contracts (not too sure)

teh arn

Standard pay for stores within the M25 is just over £8 an hour at … Standard pay for stores within the M25 is just over £8 an hour at standard rates, £16 an hour on sundays/bank holidays for people on older contracts and about £12 an hour for those on newer contracts.I think it's time and a quarter for those on the most recent contracts (not too sure)

Flat rate for Sundays if you're a new starter I believe.
Been with the company 5 years, got a Team Leader role within 2 years and now looking at getting a management placement in the very near future.
The pay is OK, I work full time nights and weekends, usually pick up an extra 5 hours OT on the Sunday aswell by going in early. Won't say what I earn but it does surprise a few people.
Edited by moderator: "Sep 26, 2012 16:08" 26th Sep 2012

BINALSEJ

Thank you.

Profit to be made by some Tesco employees then.

i'll get one of my ex work colleges (my O.H) to get me a nice nexus for £144 (plus cashback) this wkend

I used to love working nights and weekend overtime it was good money for what it was - plus the dizzy & staff vouchers where always a brucie bonus

anybody know if we get the 20% on tesco entertainment? x

never mind find all the t&c yes you can if anybody else was wondering.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12 your Privilegecard discount will be increased from
10% to 20% subject to the conditions below.
 To qualify for the 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard in-store, spend at least £1
in-store and swipe your Privilegecard. The Privilegecard offer is valid between 6am
28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.
 To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at tesco.com/gro…ies, have a
delivery between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12 inclusive, spending at least £1 and
entering your Privilegecard details.
 To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at tesco.com/direct, place an
order of at least £1, entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and
11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.
 To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at clothingattesco.com,
place an order of at least £1 entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and
11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.
 To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at
tesco.com/ent…ent, place an order of at least £1 entering your Privilegecard
details, between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.
 Orders made at tesco.com/wine between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12
inclusive are not included in this offer, but will still qualify for the usual 10% off staff
discount if over £1 entering your Privilegecard details.
 Purchases excluded from the Privilegecard discount include:
o tobacco products,
o Delivery Saver fees
o café,
o saving stamps,
o lottery,
o gift cards,
o postage stamps,
o prescription medicines,
o infant formula milk,
o items from non-Tesco owned pharmacies,
o E-Top-up,
o opticians,
o travel money,
o insurance,
o items specifically reduced for staff purchase (Clubcard points available),
o fuel (Clubcard points available),
o items supplied by third parties on Tesco branded websites (including ‘Sellers at
Tesco’ - Clubcard points available)Tesco Bank (additional discount does not apply
to any Tesco Bank products or services including pay at till travel insurance pack)
o Tesco Telecoms (Privilegecard discount excludes monthly contract tariff and online
purchases, but includes product purchases made in-store).
Other goods and services may be excluded from the Privilegecard discount at Tesco’s discretion.
Edited by: "nkje02" 27th Sep 2012

nkje02

anybody know if we get the 20% on tesco entertainment? xnever mind find … anybody know if we get the 20% on tesco entertainment? xnever mind find all the t&c yes you can if anybody else was wondering.TERMS AND CONDITIONS Between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12 your Privilegecard discount will be increased from 10% to 20% subject to the conditions below. To qualify for the 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard in-store, spend at least £1 in-store and swipe your Privilegecard. The Privilegecard offer is valid between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.  To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at tesco.com/groceries, have a delivery between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12 inclusive, spending at least £1 and entering your Privilegecard details.  To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at tesco.com/direct, place an order of at least £1, entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.  To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at http://www.clothingattesco.com, place an order of at least £1 entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.  To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at http://www.tesco.com/entertainment, place an order of at least £1 entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.  Orders made at http://www.tesco.com/wine between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12 inclusive are not included in this offer, but will still qualify for the usual 10% off staff discount if over £1 entering your Privilegecard details.  Purchases excluded from the Privilegecard discount include: o tobacco products, o Delivery Saver fees o café, o saving stamps, o lottery, o gift cards, o postage stamps, o prescription medicines, o infant formula milk, o items from non-Tesco owned pharmacies, o E-Top-up, o opticians, o travel money, o insurance, o items specifically reduced for staff purchase (Clubcard points available), o fuel (Clubcard points available), o items supplied by third parties on Tesco branded websites (including ‘Sellers at Tesco’ - Clubcard points available)Tesco Bank (additional discount does not apply to any Tesco Bank products or services including pay at till travel insurance pack) o Tesco Telecoms (Privilegecard discount excludes monthly contract tariff and online purchases, but includes product purchases made in-store). Other goods and services may be excluded from the Privilegecard discount at Tesco’s discretion.

Might steal some ones card to do some pre-orders

churchill

Just chat up the checkout girl

Any other direct codes, looking a new phone

Really want to take advantage of this but can't think of anything I really want.

Just picked up 2 copies of Fifa 13 and saved £20. WOOO!

LDHughes

This is true, are there any vouchers available for entertainment or … This is true, are there any vouchers available for entertainment or direct we can use as well.

I placed an online order as the letter posted in store said online shopping 20% discount would be taken off so long as delivery date was within the discount time period, however it still shows only usual 10% discount

jamelivia1

I placed an online order as the letter posted in store said online … I placed an online order as the letter posted in store said online shopping 20% discount would be taken off so long as delivery date was within the discount time period, however it still shows only usual 10% discount

I'm getting the same i may order and resolve it with them tomorrow
Edited by: "Borat" 28th Sep 2012

Strange, used the 20% to pre order halo 4, came up at £26 plus 8% Quidco.
Also picked up a decent laptop for £215 after discounts and voucher codes.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions