Groups
    EXPIRED

20 year old pregnant may be shot ?

i saw on sky news last night that a 20yo girl who is 5mths pregnant is awaiting trial for carrying heroin and could be shot as it was over the limit,
    she was arrested last aug so if she was pregnant when she was arrested she would of had or be due to have the baby but it said she is 5mths pregnant so she must of got pregnant while in jail.
    i cant find any info on the net has anyone herd anything about it i know rape and things are comon in these types of prisons but i just wondered if this was the case, anyone seen it online ?

206 Comments

Any reason why your so intrested mate?

]Sky

If she was smuggling then fire away IMO.

My girlfriend picked up on that last night I cant imagine they have visiting hours and the size of the cells are tiny with something like 4 in each.

Original Poster

RuthIess;5122591

Any reason why your so intrested mate?

just didnt make sense to me how she would be 5mths when shes been in there 9mths and i wondered how this had happened ,

and thanks for the links otheres repped

Terrible prison in a terrible country with terrible human rights,Dont go there especially with a bag full of heroin,I fell sorry for all the other people in that prison who arent worth a mention apparently,

This story annoys me, as does similar ones along the same lines.

She was caught smuggling drugs, its hardly a 'oh thats a shame she is innocent'.

If you are going to go to these countrys and attempt something stupid then you deserve everything you get.

Now I know that shes pregnant, but this has obviously happened in jail, maybe it was rape, maybe it wasn't, maybe it was a thing to get the British Governments/Media Attention.

It would be terrible if she was shot and killed mainly for the baby, but she had to of known what she was getting herself into, stupid wee girl.

argh, i'm sorry she has done a terrible crime, but she does not deserve to end up pregnant and shot at her poor mum

tonyg1962;5122612

Terrible prison in a terrible country with terrible human rights,Dont go … Terrible prison in a terrible country with terrible human rights,Dont go there especially with a bag full of heroin,I fell sorry for all the other people in that prison who arent worth a mention apparently,

Actually, there have been many campaigns by various human rights organisations (including Amnesty) concerning prison conditions in Laos.

This site is dedicated to the actual prison in question - one that has received particular attention because of reported abuses etc: usp.com.au/fps…tml

Banned

AshleyRFC;5122638

This story annoys me, as does similar ones along the same lines.She was … This story annoys me, as does similar ones along the same lines.She was caught smuggling drugs, its hardly a 'oh thats a shame she is innocent'.If you are going to go to these countrys and attempt something stupid then you deserve everything you get.Now I know that shes pregnant, but this has obviously happened in jail, maybe it was rape, maybe it wasn't, maybe it was a thing to get the British Governments/Media Attention.It would be terrible if she was shot and killed mainly for the baby, but she had to of known what she was getting herself into, stupid wee girl.

I agree, I don't think she's deserves to be killed but she was breaking the law in a dodgy country. She has to accept the punishment enforced by that country....

The daily ration reportedly consists of two bowls of pig fat water soup … The daily ration reportedly consists of two bowls of pig fat water soup and 500g of sticky rice, and most prisoners rely on their families to deliver food.Other prisoners have reported incidents of abuse and torture, with some inmates having their genitals burnt.

Sound like our own prisons could learn a few things from theirs :thumbsup:

Banned

Whether you believe it or not, this is stated to be completely out of character for her, I don't even think that she was guilty.

I think our government is failing by not being seen to be doing more for her. Since she was put in jail she's not once had a lawyer to talk to and no visiting. she must be going stir crazy, not to mention the foreign language, rape etc.

I dont agree with drugs at all, but if this girl is innocent, then god help her. Imagine if it were one of your children.

Banned

It beggars belief that some people still think the death penalty is an acceptable punishment. If she's guilty then she should be punished, but not by death.

AshleyRFC;5122638

If you are going to go to these countrys and attempt something stupid … If you are going to go to these countrys and attempt something stupid then you deserve everything you get.[... ] she had to of known what she was getting herself into, stupid wee girl.

Rather than blame the girl, why not consider that whatever the crime, people should be treated humanely, and a basic standard of human rights should be afforded to them.

The main question is: do you think conditions and punishments like this are acceptable? I would hope you agree they are not. Period.

H_K;5122699

Whether you believe it or not, this is stated to be completely out of … Whether you believe it or not, this is stated to be completely out of character for her, I don't even think that she was guilty.I think our government is failing by not being seen to be doing more for her. Since she was put in jail she's not once had a lawyer to talk to and no visiting. she must be going stir crazy, not to mention the foreign language, rape etc.I dont agree with drugs at all, but if this girl is innocent, then god help her. Imagine if it were one of your children.

I would imagine its out of character for nearly everyone, what about the 15 year olds who were caught doing it the other year too, the lure of money is just too much for some people to resist.

Banned

tinkerbell28;5122736

Of course not she was raped, probably many times by many guards I would … Of course not she was raped, probably many times by many guards I would guarantee that, not a country know for it's human rights or kind treatment of women.

Sadly, some people here seem to think we could learn from that type of barbarity.

H_K;5122699

Whether you believe it or not, this is stated to be completely out of … Whether you believe it or not, this is stated to be completely out of character for her, .

What? getting caught? yeah i imagine it is

Liddle ol' me;5122715

Rather than blame the girl, why not consider that whatever the crime, … Rather than blame the girl, why not consider that whatever the crime, people should be treated humanely, and a basic standard of human rights should be afforded to them. The main question is: do you think conditions and punishments like this are acceptable? I would hope you agree they are not. Period.

Why not blame the girl? Surely at 20 year old she would know right from wrong?

And no I dont think these sort of conditions are acceptable, but these conditions exist in loads of countrys.

If your in jail why should you have any human rights. Just look at our system as a prime example, you can claim money back for being made to clean out your own toilet etc, I mean wtf is that all about.

She was caught with 1 1/2 lbs of heroin in a country which has executed drug smugglers on a very regular basis for many years.
    If you can't afford to pay the time don't commit the crime! The rewards for smuggling heroin are very good, but the punishment is severe. Unfortunately for her she got caught!

Banned

AshleyRFC;5122750

Why not blame the girl? Surely at 20 year old she would know right from … Why not blame the girl? Surely at 20 year old she would know right from wrong?And no I dont think these sort of conditions are acceptable, but these conditions exist in loads of countrys.If your in jail why should you have any human rights. Just look at our system as a prime example, you can claim money back for being made to clean out your own toilet etc, I mean wtf is that all about.

Because you're still human, because the system has been known to get it wrong, because not everyone in prison is a murderer or rapist, because it demeans us as a society if we don't treat people fairly....

Banned

AshleyRFC;5122750

Why not blame the girl? Surely at 20 year old she would know right from … Why not blame the girl? Surely at 20 year old she would know right from wrong?And no I dont think these sort of conditions are acceptable, but these conditions exist in loads of countrys.If your in jail why should you have any human rights. Just look at our system as a prime example, you can claim money back for being made to clean out your own toilet etc, I mean wtf is that all about.

we all know right from wrong, doesnt stop most of us doing wrong at some time, do we all deserve to die from doing wrong, none of us know anything about the case, but as long as the big fish dont get caught we will carry on seeing this sort of thing

kungfu;5122693

Sound like our own prisons could learn a few things from theirs :thumbsup:

Why not show yourself and others some respect?

FilthAndFurry;5122745

Sadly, some people here seem to think we could learn from that type of … Sadly, some people here seem to think we could learn from that type of barbarity.

Yeah but turn it around into a different situation.

A paedophile has abused your children, they get what say 3 year, they serve half of there sentence, wouldn't you just rather that maybe we had some sorta more severe punishment for things like that, cos I certainly do.

Liddle ol' me;5122767

Why not show yourself and others some respect?

Unfortunately for you its my opinion. Dont like it... get me on ignore or just skip my posts :thumbsup:

The human rights are terrible there but if people are going to be up in arms about it lets do it for everyone there not just one person out of hundreds,Do you think she is the only person to be raped in that jail and do you think she is the only one who is innocent and might not receive a fair trial ,As i said there are hundreds,As soon as you enter a country you are accepting the right to be treated the same as everyone there,

Banned

AshleyRFC;5122775

Yeah but turn it around into a different situation.A paedophile has … Yeah but turn it around into a different situation.A paedophile has abused your children, they get what say 3 year, they serve half of there sentence, wouldn't you just rather than maybe we had some sorta more sever punishment for things like that, cos I certainly do.

I'm sure I would want to do unspeakable things to that person, but justice should be unemotive.

what ever she did, rape is punishable crime too. i highly doubt her captures will get punishment for what they did. how is that fair. she may have done wrong but they obviously have too.

Banned

AshleyRFC;5122775

Yeah but turn it around into a different situation.A paedophile has … Yeah but turn it around into a different situation.A paedophile has abused your children, they get what say 3 year, they serve half of there sentence, wouldn't you just rather that maybe we had some sorta more severe punishment for things like that, cos I certainly do.

i would like to see paedophiles get a more severe sentance whether it was my child they abused or not, it doesnt mean the death penalty should be returned

Banned

kungfu;5122781

Unfortunately for you its my opinion. Dont like it... get me on ignore or … Unfortunately for you its my opinion. Dont like it... get me on ignore or just skip my posts :thumbsup:

The good thing is that most people can evaluate posts and discern if there's any valid argument behind them. It's good that you're helping to demean the views you're spouting so successfully.

jennie-jack;5122792

what ever she did, rape is punishable crime too. i highly doubt her … what ever she did, rape is punishable crime too. i highly doubt her captures will get punishment for what they did. how is that fair. she may have done wrong but they obviously have too.

Agreed, imo prison should be a tough place, hard graft for 12 hours a day and basic food,plain rice bread water etc (cheaper to run) but allowing things like rape to happen is ott.

FilthAndFurry;5122799

The good thing is that most people can evaluate posts and discern if … The good thing is that most people can evaluate posts and discern if there's any valid argument behind them. It's good that you're helping to demean the views you're spouting so successfully.

Cool ... evaluate away my friend thats your right!!! I will keep speaking my mind where i feel :-)

If she wasn't pregnant would uz even care?

tonyg1962;5122782

The human rights are terrible there but if people are going to be up in … The human rights are terrible there but if people are going to be up in arms about it lets do it for everyone there not just one person out of hundreds,Do you think she is the only person to be raped in that jail and do you think she is the only one who is innocent and might not receive a fair trial ,As i said there are hundreds,As soon as you enter a country you are accepting the right to be treated the same as everyone there,

Certainly, join Amnesty International or other such organisations as I have done and help campaign against human rights abuses everywhere.

But be fair to those who campaign on behalf of a single person. That's good too - and there is certainly no need to rubbish their efforts.

Why not use your words to be constructive - maybe add some links to help people actually do what you are suggesting they should do..? :thumbsup:

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Yes it might be out of character but she did it and must have known the risks invloved in a country like that.

she was probably getting a lot of money to do it and just took the risk, she got caught and now must pay the penalty

Her mother was on tv yesterday pleading for them to let her go.

Yeah ok, here's a slapped wrist, don't do it again, now off you go home :?

Phonthong is a terrible prison, I don't think there is any argument among Western nations that there are serious breaches of human rights that take place there.

Drug smuggling is a terrible crime. At best she was *incredibly stupid* for trying to smuggle a drug through this kind of country, and under the laws of Laos, forfeits her human rights having knowingly committed such a crime, drug smuggling there carries a mandatory death sentence.

However we don't know the details of this persons case, she may have been misled, acted under someone else's control and duress or other mitigating factors and the fact that she is pregnant ( the baby hasn't committed a crime ) in my opinion she should be allowed to "claim her belly" at least for the next few months until the baby is born and appropriate care for the child can be arranged.

The best outcome for her would be if the British Consulate arrange to have her deported to Britain and she stands trial here to ascertain what crime if any she is guilty of.

AshleyRFC;5122806

If she wasn't pregnant would uz even care?

no, im saddened that there is an unborn baby involved tbh :-(

Banned

souljacker;5122812

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.Yes it might be out of … If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.Yes it might be out of character but she did it and must have known the risks invloved in a country like that.Her mother was on tv yesterday pleading for them to let her go.Yeah ok, here's a slapped wrist, don't do it again, now off you go home :?

Can you get pregnant from a slapped wrist, or are you equating rape with a slapped wrist?

Also, when 'the time' is the death penalty don't you think a line has been crossed?

kungfu;5122818

no, im saddened that there is an unborn baby involved tbh :-(

Me too, I have kids myself, I'm not a monster, I've followed this story too but I just cant help but think she shouldn't have gotten herself into this situation in the first place.

But if I read this story and it said she was caught smuggling drugs, she wasn't pregnant and this was that countrys laws then I reckon I'd just think to myself well she shouldn't have did in then.

FilthAndFurry;5122824

Can you get pregnant from a slapped wrist, or are you equating rape with … Can you get pregnant from a slapped wrist, or are you equating rape with a slapped wrist? Also, when 'the time' is the death penalty don't you think a line has been crossed?

you can't get pregnant from a slapped wrist, but if she hadn't of smuggled drugs into a country like that she would not be pregnent in the first place.

Surely she must have known the penaltys involved in a country like that?

I'm sure if i planned on smuggling drugs in a far east country i would weigh up the pro's and con's of it and know that countrys laws on drug smuggling, ie the death penalty.

no i don't think a line has been crossed, it's that countrys laws, america still has the death penalty, don't see anyone moaning abot all the people on death row over there

souljacker;5122862

you can't get pregnant from a slapped wrist, but if she hadn't of … you can't get pregnant from a slapped wrist, but if she hadn't of smuggled drugs into a country like that she would not be pregnent in the first place.Surely she must have known the penaltys involved in a country like that?I'm sure if i planned on smuggling drugs in a far east country i would weigh up the pro's and con's of it and know that countrys laws on drug smuggling, ie the death penalty.

this is about the bottom line of it for me :thumbsup:

still gutted theres an innocent unborn baby invloved :-(
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians915
      2. word association Game74044566
      3. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1023
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?710

See more discussions