20 years of gaming graphics

12 Comments
I just wish the gameplay had that much of a leap.

That first tomb tomb raider was pretty groundbreaking!!
3D Graphics in those days were a lot more environmentally friendly though. The original Geforce was released a year after this tomb raider game and was a top of the range card. It consumed 18W.

The current equivalent burns twelve times as much power at 230W.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 10th May
Dannyrobbo52 m ago

I just wish the gameplay had that much of a leap. That first tomb tomb …I just wish the gameplay had that much of a leap. That first tomb tomb raider was pretty groundbreaking!!

I agree it was ground breaking at the time but I do feel the games have come on leaps and bounds in terms of gameplay also, not just graphically.
I miss the cone shaped boobies
Snakeyes64620 m ago

I agree it was ground breaking at the time but I do feel the games have …I agree it was ground breaking at the time but I do feel the games have come on leaps and bounds in terms of gameplay also, not just graphically.

I just don’t think we have come very far in terms of gameplay, sure there’s the odd standout the last of us springs to mind. But the majority of games there’s no effort put into any gameplay aspects that differentiate it from early games...except the visuals
Snakeyes64614 h, 12 m ago

I agree it was ground breaking at the time but I do feel the games have …I agree it was ground breaking at the time but I do feel the games have come on leaps and bounds in terms of gameplay also, not just graphically.

Do you have any titles in particular?, I am struggling to see the advances in gameplay. Other than online multiplayer which is as much of a curse as a blessing.

Graphically they are infinitely better. Then again maybe I am growing out of gaming or have much less time to devote to gaming, I could happily do a 16hr stint gaming but now not so much. My PS4 hasn't been switched on since new years day.
DKLS44 m ago

Do you have any titles in particular?, I am struggling to see the advances …Do you have any titles in particular?, I am struggling to see the advances in gameplay. Other than online multiplayer which is as much of a curse as a blessing. Graphically they are infinitely better. Then again maybe I am growing out of gaming or have much less time to devote to gaming, I could happily do a 16hr stint gaming but now not so much. My PS4 hasn't been switched on since new years day.

Well I suggest you try god of war as it's an amazing game, I never played the previous games as I didn't like the button mash and ott power moves...
DKLS48 m ago

Do you have any titles in particular?, I am struggling to see the advances …Do you have any titles in particular?, I am struggling to see the advances in gameplay. Other than online multiplayer which is as much of a curse as a blessing. Graphically they are infinitely better. Then again maybe I am growing out of gaming or have much less time to devote to gaming, I could happily do a 16hr stint gaming but now not so much. My PS4 hasn't been switched on since new years day.

Yup, agree with this. When those youngsters have a families, kids and know what it's like when you're not living with mummy and daddy then and only then will they realise what you've said is true 😔😔😔😔
Snakeyes64646 m ago

Well I suggest you try god of war as it's an amazing game, I never played …Well I suggest you try god of war as it's an amazing game, I never played the previous games as I didn't like the button mash and ott power moves...

Thanks I will order it and give it a go, when I can find one time.
machomansavage43 m ago

Yup, agree with this. When those youngsters have a families, kids and know …Yup, agree with this. When those youngsters have a families, kids and know what it's like when you're not living with mummy and daddy then and only then will they realise what you've said is true 😔😔😔😔

Thinking back when gaming was a huge thing for me and when i consider that the gameplay was simply brilliant, there was no internet, no mobiles, my only responsibilities was walking and feeding the dog and my free time was mine to do what I wanted.

These days there are multiple demands on my time, I have been working away from home for the past week and I just know my wife will have a list of jobs and stuff that need doing asap. So chances of a lazy weekend morning gaming or stopping up half the night gaming is slim to none.

Whilst gaming has got better in many ways, I do miss the simplicity of slotting in a nes/snes cartridge, and being able to pretty much play instantly ( a world changing revolution after a C64 with tape drive, set the tape to play, go and play out for an hour, come back and pray it hadn't crashed. No doubt if I switched on my PS4 there will be a massive download or two.
_Whatever_10th May

I miss the cone shaped boobies

They were still fapped by horny teenagers!
And 20(ish) years prior to TR1.
33780914-X8k9V.jpg

I agree with Snakeeyes, you lot have never had it so good.
DKLS3 h, 53 m ago

Thanks I will order it and give it a go, when I can find one time.Thinking …Thanks I will order it and give it a go, when I can find one time.Thinking back when gaming was a huge thing for me and when i consider that the gameplay was simply brilliant, there was no internet, no mobiles, my only responsibilities was walking and feeding the dog and my free time was mine to do what I wanted.These days there are multiple demands on my time, I have been working away from home for the past week and I just know my wife will have a list of jobs and stuff that need doing asap. So chances of a lazy weekend morning gaming or stopping up half the night gaming is slim to none. Whilst gaming has got better in many ways, I do miss the simplicity of slotting in a nes/snes cartridge, and being able to pretty much play instantly ( a world changing revolution after a C64 with tape drive, set the tape to play, go and play out for an hour, come back and pray it hadn't crashed. No doubt if I switched on my PS4 there will be a massive download or two.

Same story here. I made a mistake and downloaded just cause 3 nye before we all went out. And jesus what a awful game tht was. Fantastic visuals but terrible game play and no indication how to progress. That's an example of how bad modern day games have come. Anyone else played just cause 3? My favorite nostalgic moment was when me and a friend rent Resident Evil 1. Never forgot our faces when we saw that first CG zombie cut scene

Nostalgia forever!!!!
Edited by: "machomansavage" 11th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions