£200-400 phone

Posted 10th May
Hi guys
any advice of choosing new phone. Budget up to 400, maybe 500 if its really wort extra cash.. Android only.. Not huawei.. probably good camera is most important thing on the new phone. Any advice appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Samsung A Range.

Best bang for you buck I believe.
darkstryder36010/05/2020 18:53

Samsung A Range. Best bang for you buck I believe.

I have read that the camera on a71 is nothing good
iPhone SE
darkstryder36010/05/2020 18:53

Samsung A Range. Best bang for you buck I believe.

I think these days the Xiaomi are better for your buck than Samsung, Samsung seems too have increased prices too much.
Xiaomi mi 9t pro and up
MynameisM10/05/2020 19:01

I think these days the Xiaomi are better for your buck than Samsung, …I think these days the Xiaomi are better for your buck than Samsung, Samsung seems too have increased prices too much.

Samsung bias my end, as I know the A range is so close to the S10 Plus I have, at a 3rd of the price.
How much are you paying for your current tariff?

£485.99 up front cost, £24 a month for the tariff - 10GB data, unlimited voice and texts, for a s20 plus 5G
mobilphonesdirect.co.uk
I can't fathom how to link direct to the deal.
o2 as network, slide the month cost below £30 and upfront cost to the max. Its the 2nd one down
Don't pick the 5gb option as its the same price.
You also get a galaxy watch active to claim for free.

But you may already be locked into - or don't need- a high tariff.

Might be a naff deal but i bought one anyway.

I've claimed the watch and it should be with me within 30 days.
m4rmite10/05/2020 19:56

How much are you paying for your current tariff?£485.99 up front cost, £24 …How much are you paying for your current tariff?£485.99 up front cost, £24 a month for the tariff - 10GB data, unlimited voice and texts, for a s20 plus 5Gwww.mobilphonesdirect.co.ukI can't fathom how to link direct to the deal.o2 as network, slide the month cost below £30 and upfront cost to the max. Its the 2nd one downDon't pick the 5gb option as its the same price.You also get a galaxy watch active to claim for free.But you may already be locked into - or don't need- a high tariff.Might be a naff deal but i bought one anyway.I've claimed the watch and it should be with me within 30 days.

Thanks i got sim free, never buying phone on the contract...and have bad experience with o2 and his network around me
driweris10/05/2020 20:02

Thanks i got sim free, never buying phone on the contract...and have …Thanks i got sim free, never buying phone on the contract...and have bad experience with o2 and his network around me

They all appear to share the same mast by me.I got a sim from each network and tested the speeds on each at teh same times.

All were within a mb of each other, i have just renewed hence the testing of all network speeds.
STRICKIBHOY10/05/2020 19:29

Xiaomi mi 9t pro and up

Another call for the Mi 9T Pro...or even the non pro and save soem cash as if you aren't big into gaming you really won't see any difference in performance with the non pro.

With Xiaomi overpricing the Mi 10 in Europe the Mi 9T is really the current Xiaomi value flagship, that said the Xiaomi K30/ Poco F2 range might be worth a look also if they are priced right when they hit Europe.

If your happy buying from China/HK all of the above can be picked up a good chunk cheaper .....

Also have a look at the Samsung S10/Note10 Lite's.....Both usually priced around £400 from Wowcamera (another HK shop though)
Best wait a couple of weeks for the release of the Google Pixel 4a, then decide. Price expected to be at £399

Will have the best camera for photos at that price point.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
£270 laptopsdirect

If camera is priority, wait for pixel 4a
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 11th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions