£200 for 20 yard concrete removal including loading using a grabber thingy!

12 replies
Found 12th Jun 2011
Is this possible? My friend was telling me that for around £200 you can get a service where they come and pick up all your concrete or soil and load it on their truck using a grabber thing then dispose of it for you. 20 yards for anywhere near £200 including loading seems unreal to me. This is on the south coast too where disposal seems more expensive than elsewhere anyway.

Thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

im still waiting for the invention of the telephone to

Original Poster

hey?? Who do I phone???

Benjimoron

hey?? Who do I phone???

the people with the grabber thing

yes it is true, we used one to take all our extension rubble/soil all dumped on the front garden, not sure on the cost as it was in with the price of the build.
Edited by: "richp" 12th Jun 2011

Banned

you'll find its **** and they dump it next door

Original Poster

richp

the people with the grabber thing yes it is true, we used one to take … the people with the grabber thing yes it is true, we used one to take all our extension rubble/soil.

Seriously? 20 yards for £200? Seems incredible.

Original Poster

richp

the people with the grabber thing yes it is true, we used one to take … the people with the grabber thing yes it is true, we used one to take all our extension rubble/soil all dumped on the front garden, not sure on the cost as it was in with the price of the build.

lol edit! I'm sure it's true, seems like a usual service! It's the price I was suprised by.

Know of any web-sites of who might offer this?

you could try HippoBags ,Tesco Direct sell the bags as well, possibly go through Quidco/TopCashBack as well.

Original Poster

richp

you could try HippoBags ,Tesco Direct sell the bags as well, possibly go … you could try HippoBags ,Tesco Direct sell the bags as well, possibly go through Quidco/TopCashBack as well.

Well, yes, BUT hippobags are around £65 for ONE yard. Which would be around £1300 for the same removal service which doesn't include loading!!!

So, if I didn't make this clear enough, I realise that there are loads of services for getting rid of concrete etc, but I was suprised to hear of this one at this price. Does anyone have any experience of it???

Original Poster

I think you'll find they've got their prices wrong there too, about a fiver more per bag to be collected now I believe.

Cool story. Subscribed. Potential thread of the year.

Original Poster

stewby

Cool story. Subscribed. Potential thread of the year.

Thanks, tis meant to be! Or maybe I'm just asking for some friendly advice?

Ask to see his waste carriers licence - if he does have one, seems a very good price.

If he doesn't, it's fairly likely he'll dump it somewhere illegally.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1017
    2. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.612
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604811
    4. Leicester sack their manager!1222

See more discussions