£200 laptop with office, anything better than this?

Posted 3rd Nov
looking for a laptop for my 13 yr old son for school work browsing etc and he needs office too he says!
is this any good for my £200 budget?
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
thats £260 with 1 year of office (usual currys misinformation)

will be really slow too.

Also, the keyboard is riveted in so any spillage on the keyboard is a £150-£200 repair job
Edited by: "chocci" 3rd Nov
Do school kids and students get free office now? So long as you have a vaild education email address?
psychedelicrenegade03/11/2019 14:15

Do school kids and students get free office now? So long as you have a …Do school kids and students get free office now? So long as you have a vaild education email address?

good point!

microsoft.com/en-…ice
chocci03/11/2019 14:11

thats £260 with 1 year of office (usual currys misinformation)will be …thats £260 with 1 year of office (usual currys misinformation)will be really slow too.Also, the keyboard is riveted in so any spillage on the keyboard is a £150-£200 repair job

wow i thought it was free according to the description, ill have another read as thats no good!!
looking at 2nd hand too would this be a decent buy stretching to £250?
gumtree.com/p/l…522
What about this?

ebuyer.com/863…52t

It's a wee bit over budget but has a better cpu than the Currys model and has 1TB of storage too.
ebuyer.com/901…als

would this be any good, i could get a key off ebay to download win10 but office im not sure what i could do to get that?
looks like a decent spec laptop for the price though?
glenandem03/11/2019 14:36

https://www.ebuyer.com/901437-lenovo-v145-amd-a6-9225-8gb-256gb-fhd-15-6in-freedos-laptop-81mt004muk?utm_source=hotukdeals&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=hotukdealswould this be any good, i could get a key off ebay to download win10 but office im not sure what i could do to get that?looks like a decent spec laptop for the price though?

As already mentioned and linked to, your child can get access to MS office education via school.
Thanks I’ve asked my lad if he has a school email and he’s said he doesn’t have one that he knows about!
glenandem03/11/2019 14:54

Thanks I’ve asked my lad if he has a school email and he’s said he doesn’t …Thanks I’ve asked my lad if he has a school email and he’s said he doesn’t have one that he knows about!

Contact his school and ask if it's possible for him / them to get MS office access.
Might be a bit slow but ebuyer have this full hd 2in1 laptop/ tablet with a years sub to office 360 for £170.

ebuyer.com/840…412
Go used, for an obsolete office worker-oriented laptop. Ebay: ebay.co.uk/sch…52E

Anything you buy new at the budget you're talking will be really, really poor quality. Not just in terms of performance, but it'll have a terrible screen, a terrible keyboard, a terrible touchpad, and will be a pig to use in every respect. Buy something used, and you'll get something at least half-way decent.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants