Expired

£200 Shared Switching Incentive From Nationwide ** Pls DO NOT offer / request referrals **

Found 9th Jul 2015
Just seen whilst logging out of my internet banking that Nationwide have increased the value of their 'Recommend A Friend' switching incentive by 100% to £200 total value in July! But the best bit is that you can recommend 10 friends to get £1000 back from them! Boom!

Anyone thinking of switching to Nationwide might want to ask around to see if any of their friends/family can put in a recommendation to get £100 for them plus £100 for the person who is switching. It's pretty much free money for doing something you were going to do anyway!

According to their site, the recommender needs to enter a few details about themselves and the friend looking to switch before the end of July here: nationwide.co.uk/pro…end

The recommended person then needs to open an account (although this looks optional - so it can be an existing account) and complete a full account switch with a minimum of 2 Direct Debits by the end of August.

I've just recommended everyone and their dogs in the hope that at least 10 of them complete switches in time!

32 Comments

Ker...ching. £400 !

The T&Cs allow the wife and I to refer each other as we already have a joint NW account yet separate.... er, "moveable" accounts elsewhere.

+£78 cashback for a new account if you open via Topcashback btw.

Edited by: "RealDealSeeker" 9th Jul 2015

Thanks OP was thinking of going for the Nationwide refer a friend but was a little lazy as it was only £50 and £50. This double up has made me go for it now. voted hot!

I posted this on the big bank switch thread last week, seemed to get shot down regarding the Ts&Cs where it states you and the switcher need to say with Nationwide for at least 3 months after receiving the incentive, or they will request the £100 back from both accounts

missy89

I posted this on the big bank switch thread last week, seemed to get shot … I posted this on the big bank switch thread last week, seemed to get shot down regarding the Ts&Cs where it states you and the switcher need to say with Nationwide for at least 3 months after receiving the incentive, or they will request the £100 back from both accounts

From reading the T&Cs I think the 3 months limit only applies to the referee (and not to the person who referred), so in effect only the newly opened account needs to be open for 3 months (their flexdirect gives 5% interest for the first year so worth keeping in my opinion).

"We reserve the right to claim back the £100 from both parties if the recommended customer closes their account within 3 months of our crediting their account with £100. We will do this by debiting the £100 from both your and their account."
Edited by: "AstalaVista" 10th Jul 2015

muffboy

Can you recommend me please?

Deffo Yes.

how do you get TCB as well - refer then open via TCB? does the refer give a specific link or just by name and address?

Mod edit: Moved to misc as its more of a refer your friends thread than a deal.

Yeh NW are a good bank, and no fees when getting money abroad, plus no fees on their current a/c.

Subscribed - thanks for this post.

MikeT

Mod edit: Moved to misc as its more of a refer your friends thread than a … Mod edit: Moved to misc as its more of a refer your friends thread than a deal.

OK. Your rules but anything which saves/makes money is a deal as far as I am concerned. Thanks op. Looking into it.

Has anyone got the email thru yet?

Not yet.

mistermoneysaver

They said that I should receive it in a day but nothing yet (its more than 2 days now).

Original Poster

AstalaVista

They said that I should receive it in a day but nothing yet (its more … They said that I should receive it in a day but nothing yet (its more than 2 days now).

They go out next working day by the looks of it, so should be Monday. But the only thing it contains is information about the offer to forward on if you want. Everything that's on their site already.

toggofwar

They go out next working day by the looks of it, so should be Monday. But … They go out next working day by the looks of it, so should be Monday. But the only thing it contains is information about the offer to forward on if you want. Everything that's on their site already.

Thanks. I had filled their form on Thursday so expected something on Friday or latest by Saturday. But now hoping to get it tomorrow.

I will try and use topcashback or quidco to see if I get cashback through them as well.

mistermoneysaver

Got the email today

AstalaVista

Got the email today

Yeh got mine and forwarded to relevant parties.

yes , have fwd it. So the 'friend' has to open the account how? just goto the website and open it- top c or quidco first tho i take it?

mistermoneysaver

yes , have fwd it. So the 'friend' has to open the account how? just goto … yes , have fwd it. So the 'friend' has to open the account how? just goto the website and open it- top c or quidco first tho i take it?

Yes I will use the TCB or Quidco to sign up. I think the way nationwide would check is the name on the account being opened and if he/she has been referred (which they will have record of - from filling the form which we have already done) they pay the incentive. Easy money with a bonus of TCB or Quidco.

Edited by: "AstalaVista" 13th Jul 2015

Original Poster

AstalaVista

Yes I will use the TCB or Quidco to sign up. I think the way nationwide … Yes I will use the TCB or Quidco to sign up. I think the way nationwide would check is the name on the account being opened and if he/she has been referred (which they will have record of - from filling the form which we have already done) they pay the incentive. Easy money with a bonus of TCB or Quidco.

Don't forget the 2 x DDs - I've seen some people comment back when the £50 incenitve was active that they were turned down for payment as they didnt bring the DDs across.

toggofwar

Don't forget the 2 x DDs - I've seen some people comment back when the … Don't forget the 2 x DDs - I've seen some people comment back when the £50 incenitve was active that they were turned down for payment as they didnt bring the DDs across.

I am just waiting for that! I have a dummy account opened and have set up two direct debits. Once the first payment goes from it, I Know that it is the time to switch.

Thanks for highlighting it though, it is one of the criteria mentioned in their T&Cs.

Hope this works

Not sure why this is showing up as expired - this is still a valid deal.

I recommended my friend and we got £100 each

Feel free to message me

Jraf above! Not allowed personal referrals, but yes. Got two lots of £100 recently. Very easy and everyone was happy.
Edited by: "Chiptivo" 10th May 2016

jraf

Not sure why this is showing up as expired - this is still a valid deal.I … Not sure why this is showing up as expired - this is still a valid deal.I recommended my friend and we got £100 eachFeel free to message me

​hi

Offer is still valid. Me and my friend got £100 recently.

Same here, I have recommended 5 friends already, all got £100

How long did it take for you to receive the money? I've had my account switched for a good 2 months now and still don't have my £100.

tlr

Offer is still valid. Me and my friend got £100 recently.

hi there just stumbled across this thread, did the person being referred ever receive an email from nationwide? i have referred the same friend twice but they haven't received an email from nationwide both times!

Soph_12

How long did it take for you to receive the money? I've had my account … How long did it take for you to receive the money? I've had my account switched for a good 2 months now and still don't have my £100.

​hey did you ever get your £100? I switched using refer a friend 2nd March and still not received my £100

bbfb123

​hey did you ever get your £100? I switched using refer a friend 2nd Ma … ​hey did you ever get your £100? I switched using refer a friend 2nd March and still not received my £100

Did you transfer the necessary direct debits as well as deposit the necessary amount per month?

delboyd

Did you transfer the necessary direct debits as well as deposit the … Did you transfer the necessary direct debits as well as deposit the necessary amount per month?

​yeah I've got like 3 dd and my wage goes in every month
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions