£200 smartphone?

Found 5th Aug 2017
Hi guys,

just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for the following....

I currently have a Lenovo Zuk Z1 which I've had for around 12 months and its been great, quick, it hasn't lagged at all, lots of storage and camera was surprisingly decent. But, the fingerprint sensor has started to fail and it looks like its a costly repair. So I'm in the market for a new phone but am struggling as there are so many options out there!

I basically want something for around £200-300 that has at least a snapdragon 820, 4gb ram, 64gb storage, around 5.5" display, maybe dual rear cameras if they add much benefit?

LG G6 is at the top end of my budget but reviews for it aren't amazing, zuk z2 pro looks good but no dual cameras. I don't really know what else to check out? Xiaomi? Honor?

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers, dancedynamix
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
Maybe this one? Doesn't meet your specs but is close enough. Reputable company and isn't a Chinese one. I doubt I'll find one that does meet your specs but I'll have a look

Update #1:
Found another one. This does meet your specs and price (can't remember what snapdragon you wanted but this one has 820) BUT it has mixed reviews and is only available in 32gb (though does have expandable storage up to 256gb)
Edited by: "Mechtup" 5th Aug 2017
Original Poster
Thanks for the info, yes that umidigi Z pro looks interesting but I think I may try and go with the LG V20 as it has some funky stuff in it. I've always wanted a phone that constantly shows the time and date so that 2nd screen is interesting and the heavyweight DAC is appealing too

Its just annoying that there seems no particularly easy way of buying the V20 in the UK without potential customs charges or a flaky warranty
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions