Groups
    EXPIRED

£200 to spend on a laptop/netbook - what's best?

I've got £200 to spend on a laptop/netbook, so I need to try and get the best bang for my buck. Usual home use, nothing too fancy - but perhaps something that I can use for a couple of years. I'd be interested to see what's out there.

Anybody got any suggestions?

6 Comments

Im happy with my dell inspirion mini 10. Got all i need!

[FONT=Verdana]Based upon your budget you would be able to buy a brand new netbook or a used/refurbished laptop - do you have any other specific requirements? Is £200.00p your maximum budget amount?

BTW have you checked out the deal threads present on HUKD?

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Edit - Here's a couple of recent netbook deals if your interested.

Compaq Mini 110c - £179 @ The Carphone Warehouse - HotUKDeals Forum
    ]http//ww…e-w

EXPIRED - Toshiba NB200-11L Netbook 10.1", 9.3Hrs Battery £189.00 Delivered after cashback @ JRLinton.co.uk - HotUKDeals Forum
    hotukdeals.com/ite…776
    Note - It is still a live deal but the price was pushed up - if the cashback comes through it will keep it under £200.00p.

Toshiba NB200-11L Netbook 9.3 Hours Battery £199.97 after cashback at Laptops Direct - HotUKDeals Forum
    hotukdeals.com/ite…urs

Edit 2 - Here's a couple of links to external netbook deals not posted on HUKD.

Asus 1005HA Eee PC, Black (OPEN BOX STOCK) £198.39 including Delivery & VAT - Misco.co.uk
    misco.co.uk/app…d=0

Hannspree Hannsnote SN10E1 White Netbook, £193.85 including Delivery & VAT - Misco.co.uk
    misco.co.uk/app…413
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
    Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:
    [/FONT]

Original Poster

Thanks Scotty Boy! I will investigate further...

edcook7070;7569425

Thanks Scotty Boy! I will investigate further...

[FONT=Verdana]No probs mate and hopefully that will get you pointed in the right direction.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

If by 'usual home use' you mean like a desktop but easy to hide away then a netbook is an awful choice as the screens are very small for portability. You'd be far better off with a second hand laptop.

What is best choice of the five picked. and which ones and how can they be changed to mac notebooks..]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!33
      2. Battery drain on iOS 1178
      3. Boxes for moving house?99
      4. Biscuit addiction1746

See more discussions