2016 BMW 1 Series EfficientDynamics Plus Fuel Consumption Issues
Long story short:
- Took delivery of a leased BMW 1 Series EfficientDynamics Plus in June 2016.
- Had been getting great mpg doing short non-motorway journeys mostly with about 20 miles of motorway driving per week (55mpg plus).
- In the past 16 weeks approx I have been averaging 35mpg doing the same journeys and this includes some motorway journeys too.
- About 2 weeks ago BMW plugged diagnostics in and found an oxygen sensor failure and replaced it. Had been told it could have been the cause and to expect the fuel consumption to improve.
- The problem still persists and I'm lucky to get 40mpg even with motorway driving.
I'll attach the official fuel consumption figures below even though I'm aware they'll differ greatly.
All tyre pressures are fine and at the recommended pressures.
I'm wondering if anybody else has had similar issues and can think of any causes I may have missed and what the best option is now?
EC Urban (mpg) 72.4
EC Extra Urban (mpg) 91.1
EC Combined (mpg) 83.1