Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

2019 Helios 300 2x NVMe ?

Posted 27th Jan
hi i have a helios 300 i7 9750h 1660ti, it has a 500gb NVMe pre installed, im looking for an extra 1tb ssd and it has another spare m2 slot and an additional sata 3 slot. does anyone know how can i check if the spare m2 slot can take NVMe before i order ?
hopefully someone can help because i just got £100 Amazon voucher so waiting to order maybe a sabrent rocket.
thanks, mark
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Move the existing NVMe drive to the other slot.
Pájaro27/01/2020 21:35

Move the existing NVMe drive to the other slot.

Good idea, the os is on it though, so if it reads NVMe should it just boot up as normal ? I didnt know if the bios is programmed to only boot from the original m.2 drive ?
On a 2 minute google, the Helios 300, 2019 version has 2 x NVMe slots.

But literally the worst that can happen with swapping them over is it hangs on the BIOS. But unless you have a second drive installed already, this is unlikely.
Even then, just go into it and change the boot settings to swap the boot order.
Kbramman27/01/2020 23:37

On a 2 minute google, the Helios 300, 2019 version has 2 x NVMe slots. But …On a 2 minute google, the Helios 300, 2019 version has 2 x NVMe slots. But literally the worst that can happen with swapping them over is it hangs on the BIOS. But unless you have a second drive installed already, this is unlikely. Even then, just go into it and change the boot settings to swap the boot order.

Thanks i did google it first but found many different models didnt know if all had same motherboard.
Ill try swapping it tonight anyway, thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants