Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

205/40 ZR17 tyre deals?

Posted 8th Oct
I'm looking as per title but can't seem to find any decent deals on Premium brands in my size.

I want a fully fitted price below £25 per tyre

Failing that, as cheap as possible

Anyone seen owt please?

Ta
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I know this may be a bit of a faff, but if you open an e-savings account with the Habib Bank Zurich, they will send you a 40% discount code for 205/40 ZR17 tyres along with their welcome pack. Hope this helps.
24 Comments
A premium tyre of that size under £25?
jimbob128608/10/2019 21:04

A premium tyre of that size under £25?

Last time I bought tyres they were radials for £1/19/6d
Edited by: "deeky" 8th Oct
Good luck - I'm having my 215/40/R17 Toyo's fitted Monday, just under £75 each
badger260908/10/2019 21:17

Good luck - I'm having my 215/40/R17 Toyo's fitted Monday, just under £75 …Good luck - I'm having my 215/40/R17 Toyo's fitted Monday, just under £75 each

Where from?
deeky08/10/2019 21:19

Where from?

It's a local mechanic I use - I have no idea how he stays in business, always does me a good deal. I always struggle to find a better price anywhere else
badger260908/10/2019 21:23

It's a local mechanic I use - I have no idea how he stays in business, …It's a local mechanic I use - I have no idea how he stays in business, always does me a good deal. I always struggle to find a better price anywhere else

You're not in or near Manchester are you?
'fraid not, about 3hrs away.....
I always get mine from Demon Tweaks on Ebay. 225/40/R18. Paid £61 each.
sjr8408/10/2019 21:29

I always get mine from Demon Tweaks on Ebay. 225/40/R18. Paid £61 each.

It's the 205 size, seems to be problematical, or at least more expensive, when linked to the 40 profile size.
deeky08/10/2019 21:30

It's the 205 size, seems to be problematical, or at least more expensive, …It's the 205 size, seems to be problematical, or at least more expensive, when linked to the 40 profile size.

Seen some Kumho and Avons for about £55-£60 on Blackcircles, Good Year about £80 each. Probably about £10 corner fitting to add

Just seen they are W not Z
Edited by: "badger2609" 8th Oct
badger260908/10/2019 21:50

Seen some Kumho and Avons for about £55-£60 on Blackcircles, Good Year a …Seen some Kumho and Avons for about £55-£60 on Blackcircles, Good Year about £80 each. Probably about £10 corner fitting to addJust seen they are W not Z

I think W is ok?

'WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN R AND ZR TYRES ?ZR basically means the tyre is adapted for speeds above 149 mph. ZR tyres includes the speed ratings V(149mph), W(168mph) and Y(186mph).

Before 1990, the manufacturers used "ZR" to mean high performance tyres before the ratings got refined with W, Y…

Nowadays, the marking ZR is not relevant anymore but it is still used in the catalogues of manufacturers and tyre retailers.
Look for the speed ratings V,W,Y to find the modern equivalent to ZR tyres and not for the marking ZR.
What really matters is the speed rating (V,W or Y).'
Looking at these from Asda. Any thoughts?

38630594-taXG0.jpg
deeky08/10/2019 21:30

It's the 205 size, seems to be problematical, or at least more expensive, …It's the 205 size, seems to be problematical, or at least more expensive, when linked to the 40 profile size.

Have you checked for another size that’ll retain the rolling circumference while fitting the rims? Maybe a 215/35?
Oneday7708/10/2019 22:32

Have you checked for another size that’ll retain the rolling circumference …Have you checked for another size that’ll retain the rolling circumference while fitting the rims? Maybe a 215/35?

The 205 is the width, right? Think it has to be 205 as it's lowered slightly and will catch the wheel arch I think.

I've found some Avons for about 65 each fitted
Edited by: "deeky" 8th Oct
I know this may be a bit of a faff, but if you open an e-savings account with the Habib Bank Zurich, they will send you a 40% discount code for 205/40 ZR17 tyres along with their welcome pack. Hope this helps.
PR0METHEUS08/10/2019 22:45

I know this may be a bit of a faff, but if you open an e-savings account …I know this may be a bit of a faff, but if you open an e-savings account with the Habib Bank Zurich, they will send you a 40% discount code for 205/40 ZR17 tyres along with their welcome pack. Hope this helps.

This'll do. Thanks everyone

38630938-cLtbO.jpg
FWIW, I've always gone for Continentals in this size (on my front tyres, rears are slightly wider) and the price you had above was fair. I've tried to cut my expenditure recently and I went for Avons last time, when I had them fitted I asked the fitter his thoughts and he said they were good tyres. I've been very happy with them and they're a good price - I'd go for them again in future. Looks like you got a good price to boot.
dirty_stan08/10/2019 23:06

FWIW, I've always gone for Continentals in this size (on my front tyres, …FWIW, I've always gone for Continentals in this size (on my front tyres, rears are slightly wider) and the price you had above was fair. I've tried to cut my expenditure recently and I went for Avons last time, when I had them fitted I asked the fitter his thoughts and he said they were good tyres. I've been very happy with them and they're a good price - I'd go for them again in future. Looks like you got a good price to boot.

Cheers mate, yes I'm happy. I was scared to read to the end of the comment when you mentioned Avons
PR0METHEUS08/10/2019 22:45

I know this may be a bit of a faff, but if you open an e-savings account …I know this may be a bit of a faff, but if you open an e-savings account with the Habib Bank Zurich, they will send you a 40% discount code for 205/40 ZR17 tyres along with their welcome pack. Hope this helps.

Is the discount code emailed or a letter. Not sure if I’d have any faith if they only email it.
Oneday7708/10/2019 23:28

Is the discount code emailed or a letter. Not sure if I’d have any faith i …Is the discount code emailed or a letter. Not sure if I’d have any faith if they only email it.

They did email it through the same day, and I was a little worried when I had not received any correspondence through the post after 12 days. I then opened a cupboard in one of my kitchens, and found it in a welcome pack that my hubby had put there last week.
So the welcome pack had gone walkies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants