20kg Opti Vinyl Dumbbell Set - £24.99 with free collection at Argos

Expert (Beta)14
Posted 29th Aug
Now in stock.

3533993.jpgThe set includes 8 x 1.25kg and 4 x 2.5kg weight plates so you can increase the weight at your own pace, giving yourself a harder workout as you do.

About the product:

• Circular shape weights.
  • Spinlock.
  • Adjustable weights - can add and remove weights as desired.
  • 18 pieces in this weight set.
Composition/Material:

• Latex free.
  • Bar material: vinyl.
  • Plate material: vinyl.
Weight:

• Bar weight 2kg.
  • Maximum weight on a single dumbbell: 20kg.
  • Total package weight 20kg.
Dimensions:

• Dumbell handgrip length: 45cm.
  • Size H26, W52, D26cm.
  • Boxed size H52, W26, D16cm.
3533993.jpg
argos.co.uk/pro…026
Community Updates
14 Comments
In stock in Rochdale apparently
Is vinyl or cast iron dumbells better.
Blazzz29/08/2020 18:03

Personal choice. 20kg is 20kg regardless of what it's made of.

I prefer Iron as the plates are smaller & take up less storage space. Vinyl are less harsh on laminate & wood flooring.
Blazzz29/08/2020 18:03

cast iron I would say, more durable and more compact which is probably ergonomically better.
Cheers op.
Cenobite29/08/2020 18:29

Personal choice. 20kg is 20kg regardless of what it's made of.I prefer …Personal choice. 20kg is 20kg regardless of what it's made of.I prefer Iron as the plates are smaller & take up less storage space. Vinyl are less harsh on laminate & wood flooring.

All very true.

However retailers are known to bundle inferior components with budget vinyl sets. Given we have 20kg of discs here and the dumbell weight isn't listed I'd be suspicious of the threads, and even the bar, being weak. hotukdeals.com/dea…627 is better IMHO.
Just ordered (22.30) and due to be delivered tomorrow. Possibly the best £3.95 (delivery charge) I've spent

DELIVERED @ 16:00, so 18 hours after ordering. They feel good, even come with an exercise chart but show signs of use? All black vinyl discs with some slight damage... Very slight, with white marks on a couple of discs, and Argos (when called) were good enough to refund the postage, so I can now work on my Hernia
Edited by: "AlDavis" 30th Aug
jonagon29/08/2020 22:09

All very true.However retailers are known to bundle inferior components …All very true.However retailers are known to bundle inferior components with budget vinyl sets. Given we have 20kg of discs here and the dumbell weight isn't listed I'd be suspicious of the threads, and even the bar, being weak. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/opti-cast-iron-dumbbell-set-20kg-3533627 is better IMHO.

Agree, to a degree. Saturday poetry

I'd pay the extra for your iron deal, but it's not needed. There's been a lot of 'inflation' on sports equipment since Covid, but good on Argos, they haven't taken the mick like others. The bars should be fine. You may notice a bend at higher weights on a barbell, but these will be solid for the supplied weight. Cheap, but fine.

Downside, you won't want to build on these weights if you carry on with it. You'll defo want to move on to iron, then regret not moving on to Olympic.
Nooooo... Hopefully keep an eye on these with delivery option D: no way I can carry that back home without a car
I managed to get these instead argos.co.uk/pro…081. Which I have been keeping an eye on since pricey has sky rocketed
AlDavis29/08/2020 22:33

Just ordered (22.30) and due to be delivered tomorrow. Possibly the best …Just ordered (22.30) and due to be delivered tomorrow. Possibly the best £3.95 (delivery charge) I've spent

Won't deliver these to my address. Gutted.
jonagon29/08/2020 22:09

All very true.However retailers are known to bundle inferior components …All very true.However retailers are known to bundle inferior components with budget vinyl sets. Given we have 20kg of discs here and the dumbell weight isn't listed I'd be suspicious of the threads, and even the bar, being weak. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/opti-cast-iron-dumbbell-set-20kg-3533627 is better IMHO.

I’ve got these. The bar is definitely not weak in my set. Very happy with them tbh
These are RRP
Repetitively29/08/2020 23:35

Nooooo... Hopefully keep an eye on these with delivery option D: no way I …Nooooo... Hopefully keep an eye on these with delivery option D: no way I can carry that back home without a car

Your workout starts straight away
Post a comment
@
    Text