Groups
    EXPIRED

2.1 home cinema...

Anyone got any tips or preferences?

I know, I DONT want a 5.1..... It's a pressie for my son and he doesn't need so many speakers in his bedroom.. it's not that big!

His TV is a Sony if that makes any difference.

Thanks peeps for your help xxx

7 Comments

Banned

dont really think you can call 2:1 as home cinema

you get 2:1 from a TV anyway for any decent one

Original Poster

csiman;6793466

dont really think you can call 2:1 as home cinemayou get 2:1 from a TV … dont really think you can call 2:1 as home cinemayou get 2:1 from a TV anyway for any decent one

ohh ok

Me, i'm mega thick wherever technology is concerned...

So what I want is one of those speaker box thingies times 2 with a good DvD player/preferably recorder... to hand to son on Crimbo morning.

Moved to deal req. Thanks for reporting

You definitely can call 2.1 home cinema and it will knock spots off normal TV sound.

You don't have to spend a fortune either; try this argos.co.uk/web…537 for £99.99.

] http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/170-5338447SPA72UC585325M.jpg
    Remember, there's a DVD player included so the value is pretty decent.

There's also a Samsung set with built in HD upscaling DVD player here argos.co.uk/sta…htm for £145.69 but it looks like limited stock only - you might get lucky.

] http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/170-5337778SPA71UC546427M.jpg

Just to add, the .1 refers to the larger box, or subwoofer, which is dedicated to reproducing low frequency sound. The other two are pretty much normal (but small) loudspeakers.

this is the one you want, i got it and its superb and looks great. can get it cheaper than here, i paid about £149.00
    amazon.co.uk/LG-…2PA

LG HT462DZ - 2.1 DVD Home Cinema System - With 400W Output & HDMI 1080P Upscaling

they had something in tkmaxx the other day, cant remember the details but looked quite good :thumbsup: xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed11
      2. applecare vs John Lewis Warranty1535
      3. Bet365 Free In Play Bet £25 Chelsea Vs Tottenham35
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1020

See more discussions