Groups

2.1 Surround Sound With Optical

I am looking for a cheapish surround sound system for my xbox with an opitcal connection having a hard time finding one thats cheap (prob 100 or less just spent a load on decorating cant afford to spend a load)

Any ideas would be great

Ta
    x

5 Comments

There was a thread asking the same question a few days ago. I think the conclusion was pretty much that you aren't going to get a decent bit of kit with optial input for under £100. Five speakers, a subwoofer, an amp, and a six channel digital-to-audio converter really is too much to expect for that sort of money, and even if you do find something for that sort of cash with the spec you want, the individual components are probably going to be hideously cheap and tinny sounding.

Original Poster

dxx;5009104

There was a thread asking the same question a few days ago. I think the … There was a thread asking the same question a few days ago. I think the conclusion was pretty much that you aren't going to get a decent bit of kit with optial input for under £100. Five speakers, a subwoofer, an amp, and a six channel digital-to-audio converter really is too much to expect for that sort of money, and even if you do find something for that sort of cash with the spec you want, the individual components are probably going to be hideously cheap and tinny sounding.

Meant to put in i only want 2.1. oops

Archer_Druid;5009535

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=YAMA-NSP110

No amp/decoder with this.. so you still need an amp with optical in..

Your best bet is a sony dav-dz260 if you can find one, there were selling for £130 when i bought mine 6 months ago..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions