21st Century Fox in talks with Disney to sell most assets to Disney

Found 6th Nov 2017
21st Century Fox has been in talks with The Walt Disney Co. to sell the majority of Fox. Disney will purchase the movie studio, a majority of TV production assets.

2823293-ENzIT.jpg

In addition to the movie studio, TV production and international assets such as Star and Sky, Disney would also add entertainment networks such as FX and National Geographic.

The company could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox's sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox's local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations.

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Looking good for my Disney shares.
Got a $110 target price in mind before I think about selling.
If it includes Hulu it's awesome.
Take it they don't have competition laws then
Original Poster
32382216-RL1EJ.jpg
F.D4 m ago

[Image]

He's got a point. Has Disney done anything over a 15 rating yet?
Probably keep it separate under the Fox banner like what they did with Star Wars?

Deadpool, Fantastic Four, X-Men (+ Wolverine) , Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc are all owned (Licensed?) to Fox.
Would Disney get the rights to all of them? There's potentially a few Billion $ in movies there.

Kind of need Fantastic Four + X-Men as part of the Marvel Universe.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 6th Nov 2017
Fantastic Four, Deadpool and X Men to Marvel
And Marvel will feel a lot more complete
Edited by: "Pepz347" 7th Nov 2017
So Fox News will still be around?
Pity.
Destard1 h, 37 m ago

So Fox News will still be around?Pity.

Is it not healthy to have a broad range of news outlets? Limiting the output to only those that share your prism is dangerous territory.
I thought 21st Century Fox wants to buy the remaining part of Sky that they don't already own, but now they want to sell the part of Sky that they do own to Disney?!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions