Groups
    EXPIRED

22-24'' Monitor, buy from Comet or elsewhere?

Hi all,

I still have my 30% discount code for comet and I am after a decent monitor 22-24 that will be used to play Xbox 360 games and internet browsing (PC). The highest my budget will go is £130 meaning I can buy something from comet valued at approx £185 or elsewhere for £130.

Ive seen the following at comet...

(1) Kenmark 22LVD46D comet.co.uk/sho…ion

(2) HP2159M comet.co.uk/sho…59M

My dilemma is that I think I could potentially find a better monitor elsewhere for £130, does anyone agree with that?

Is buying a monitor from comet worthwhile, because they seem a little overpriced?

If you were to buy a monitor from comet what could you buy?

Thank you for any ideas/suggestions

4 Comments

i would think buying a monitor elsewhere would be better, i just bought the kenmark as a tv for bedroom as it has built in freeview and dvd.

lucky you getting the 30% off though, I hope you can make use of it ;-)

The HP2159M is an excellent monitor and at £160+ from pretty much anyone else your 30% off at Comet still gives you a great overall deal at £126 net with free delivery if you pick the right day (or collect from store of course).
    Good input selection, a better than Dell response time and 60hz 1920x1080 picture make it an even better deal.
    Crikey, I paid more than that for a 19" non-HD monitor less than a year ago.....

Links:

(1) Kenmark 22LVD46D comet.co.uk/sho…ion

(2) HP2159M comet.co.uk/sho…59M

The Kenmark is a TV and being only 768 pixels high you might find it a bit cramped for web browsing, although it won't affect your console.

The HP is disappointing in that I'd expect a decent stand for that price. It's also unusual in that it's got a glossy screen. Most monitors are matt so they don't reflect as much and are easier to use but some people feel that a glossy screen gives a better picture. Personally I'd go for usability first and image quality second, bear in mind this is still a relatively cheap screen so you're not going to get perfectly accurate (or even consistent) colours.

1050 and 1080 pixel high monitors start at around £120-130 for a decent brand so even if the Comet ones are overpriced you're not going to get much better elsewhere generally with your budget.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944522
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1324
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047141
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869

See more discussions