Groups
    EXPIRED

22 or 24in Good quality Photo Editing Monitor?

Anybody aware of any good quality monitor deals, looking at 1920 x 1200 pref the better panels. The cheap and cheerful TN panels at the lower resolutions arent good enough.

4 Comments

Have a look at the samsungs, been more than happy with mine, all I use is CS4 for my photo editing, nice bright and pin sharp.

Celticsun;6651919

Have a look at the samsungs, been more than happy with mine, all I use is … Have a look at the samsungs, been more than happy with mine, all I use is CS4 for my photo editing, nice bright and pin sharp.

Samsungs are almost all cheap and nasty TNs, they seem to have phased all their S-PVA based screens out.

The best deal around is Dell's 2209WA, there's a deal that's been posted for it ]just recently. I don't think the viewing angles are quite up to par with H-IPS screens like the HP2475w, but they still beat the socks off TNs and I think it shares the normal characteristic of no colour distortion.

The NEC LCD2490WUXi2 can also be had for just under £600 which is a pretty tempting, so you could just say sod it and go for that. I don't know what the calibration situation is though. Even if you still can't calibrate the internal LUT without spending £1100 on the spectra view version it's still going to be better than the £400 screens in, for example, it's A-TW polariser which replaces the faint white corner glow with a much fainter purple one.

If were talking Pro Level, look at the Lacie models..... stunning Pay for em though.

Original Poster

No, I can't afford pro level, and 3-400 quid is tops but appreciate the advice. My title was probably a little misleading as i should have pointed out i am just a serious amateur (whatever they are!)
    I was hoping for 1920 x 1200, I already have that running on my 17in screen of HP workstation laptop. Everything seemed small at first but now I love it and anything smaller seems too big.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 4K tv with HDR good deal?11
      2. Battery drain on iOS 111213
      3. Extractor fan blown? (excuse the pun)11
      4. Biscuit addiction1954

See more discussions