Slovenia
Luxembourg
Liechtenstein
Gibraltar
Isle of Man
Channel Islands (Guernsey and Jersey)

11 Comments

Shaydog

It will be law from next summer anyway, as long as we are still in the … It will be law from next summer anyway, as long as we are still in the EU. Still thanks for the heads up op.

The law also applies to EEA members too so not necessary to be in the EU.

Thanks for correct info, eea, so brexit doesn't mean you'll pay more to spend your holiday on phone!
I'm going to check 3 other roaming charges, is it extortionate everywhere else

stuarthanley

The law also applies to EEA members too so not necessary to be in the EU.

dont let the facts get in the way of more brexit misinformation

chocci

dont let the facts get in the way of more brexit misinformation

As I said on the other thread, for every little lie the Remainiacs tell, I'll try to put some truth into it

Right now UK networks are bound by EU caps on roaming prices. Starting April 30 2016, calls could cost no more than €0.05, texts no more than €0.02, and data no more than €0.05 per megabyte. Roaming fees between EU countries are set be abolished altogether by June 15, 2017.

When the UK leaves the EU British networks would be free to charge whatever they wanted for roaming on the continent. And equally, subscribers to EU networks would once again have to pay to roaming fees when visiting the UK.

Shaydog

Right now UK networks are bound by EU caps on roaming prices. Starting … Right now UK networks are bound by EU caps on roaming prices. Starting April 30 2016, calls could cost no more than €0.05, texts no more than €0.02, and data no more than €0.05 per megabyte. Roaming fees between EU countries are set be abolished altogether by June 15, 2017.When the UK leaves the EU British networks would be free to charge whatever they wanted for roaming on the continent. And equally, subscribers to EU networks would once again have to pay to roaming fees when visiting the UK.

If.
And in 2019.

It may all look very very different by 2019.

Shaydog

Right now UK networks are bound by EU caps on roaming prices. Starting … Right now UK networks are bound by EU caps on roaming prices. Starting April 30 2016, calls could cost no more than €0.05, texts no more than €0.02, and data no more than €0.05 per megabyte. Roaming fees between EU countries are set be abolished altogether by June 15, 2017.When the UK leaves the EU British networks would be free to charge whatever they wanted for roaming on the continent. And equally, subscribers to EU networks would once again have to pay to roaming fees when visiting the UK.

Again, the story is just guesswork. When we leave the EU, we may be a part of the EEA. Should that be the case, the same rules that apply to existing EEA members would apply to us.

Qrunch

Thanks for correct info, eea, so brexit doesn't mean you'll pay more to … Thanks for correct info, eea, so brexit doesn't mean you'll pay more to spend your holiday on phone! I'm going to check 3 other roaming charges, is it extortionate everywhere else

Its not correct information.

Qrunch

Thanks for correct info, eea, so brexit doesn't mean you'll pay more to … Thanks for correct info, eea, so brexit doesn't mean you'll pay more to spend your holiday on phone! I'm going to check 3 other roaming charges, is it extortionate everywhere else

To be fair to Three, they've brought this in earlier than they had to (for the advertising / goodwill / publicity) and they include places like the US, Hong Kong, Australia & New Zealand so not just the EU/EEA. Please be aware, there are some limits on data, although it's pretty huge. When I had AYCE data in the UK, the US was limited to 22GB / month.

Wasn't this posted as a deal already? Trust the Brexit lot to make it into a Remain issue...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2631
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047143
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1425
    4. word association Game73944522

See more discussions