24” tv assistance ...

Posted 11th Oct
Replacing the tv in my bedroom - so does anyone have any suggestions for a 24”- pref white, wall mountable tv.
Hard to find a decent spec with higher resolution etc. For tv viewing only 🤞🤞
(Ps - any techno useful information - hit me with it) cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Why would you need "higher" resolution? Higher than what? Did you know that a TV classed as "HD Ready" is fine up to 32" as anything 'higher' than that isn't really noticeable? So, at 24" you wouldn't get any benefit from one saying it's "Full HD" etc.

ANY 24" TV today will more than likely be a digital "Freeview" HDTV. It'll just be 720p HD Ready though - which is fine.
A quick look on Ebay:
ebay.co.uk/itm…uB8

Built-in DVD too. You could even bid on one if you're feeling adventurous!

All depends what you are after. Price or budget, make, warranty, shop or distance-purchase etc. all make a difference to the advice you may receive.

Don't be swayed by a TV of that size saying "Full HD" as it really won't look much different to the naked eye from a 720p HD ready one. You have to go bigger to start noticing a real difference.
Nice little Philips model from Amazon:
amazon.co.uk/Phi…8-2

I suppose you can't stretch the size up to a 32" one? Too big for the room perhaps? It's just if you had your heart set on Full HD and a plethora of better quality makes (Panasonic/Sony) then that's the way I'd suggest heading. Smaller TV's now tend to be manufactured by the 'cheaper' names. As always, you do get what you pay for...
As prev post: a 24" screen used for TV from typical TV viewing distance will be fine at 720p (probably more accurately 768p). Resolution is just an element of picture quality, but opening up 768p sets for consideration provides far more choice, although many (most?) sub-32" models are rebadged Vestel or UMC with v similar specs / hardware, regardless of the perceived quality of the badge stuck on the front.
Or be creative with wall / ceiling mounts to have (but not necessarily benefit from) higher resolutions on a larger set.
@physycronix - thank you!! The Phillips Amazon one looks ?? but some I see have all the Netflix etc bits - excuse my blonde hair here but I can’t seem to see this part ?!
I found this one argos.co.uk/pro…274 so unless it’s clever marketing - it may do more???
laurabrander11/10/2019 16:29

@physycronix - thank you!! The Phillips Amazon one looks 🙌🙌 but some …@physycronix - thank you!! The Phillips Amazon one looks 🙌🙌 but some I see have all the Netflix etc bits - excuse my blonde hair here but I can’t seem to see this part ?! I found this one https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8883274 so unless it’s clever marketing - it may do more???

Ah, see now you're talking about a "smart" TV. This is where the TV can connect to the internet to provide things like subscription services (Sky. Netflix etc.) and provide web-based channels and catch-up TV services. Is this something you need? If so, you don't want any of the above-mentioned sets UNLESS you buy a separate box such as a NowTV box to 'make' the TV "smart."

So, do you want an 'integrated' smart TV. If not, you can get ANY TV and make it "smart" at a later date. Choices, choices eh?

Integrated "Smart" TV with built-in wi-fi AND DVD PLAYER:
ebay.co.uk/itm…rMV

£160 - ALL IN. Done 'n' dusted. JVC aren't too bad either. Recognised seller too for peace of mind if there are any issues. Alternatively, the Bush one you pointed out will do just the same. Perhaps buying online through a cashback site might get you one a little cheaper? Or perhaps wait for another Ebay discount voucher/code offer. They seem to come round fairly frequently these days...
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 11th Oct
See Here
I remember when 21” tv was the biggest you could get for years, then 28” came out then 32” ... went daft after that, 24” tv is tiny now but imagine the whole family sitting round watching a 21” ...

sorry off topic
Ah - yes the smart tv is what I need and want - and the curry’s one looks like the Argos one - well v similar.
Do the stands come off these?? They should do right???
You guys are most helpful 🙌🙌🙌🙌🤙
laurabrander11/10/2019 19:41

Ah - yes the smart tv is what I need and want - and the curry’s one looks l …Ah - yes the smart tv is what I need and want - and the curry’s one looks like the Argos one - well v similar. Do the stands come off these?? They should do right??? You guys are most helpful 🙌🙌🙌🙌🤙

The stands are separate in the box so if your gonna wall mount it then no need to attach the stand
@laurabrander

Saw this, thought of you and wondered if you wanted to check out Ebay whilst they have a 20% off 'selected sellers' code running at the moment. See this post:

hotukdeals.com/dea…881

If you could live with a black TV, Hughes Direct have a "Smart" 24" Digihome which would be £111.20 with the discount applied.
ebay.co.uk/itm…Ho~

Just an idea, in case you haven't already sorted yourself out with something yet!

Regards, Phsy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants