Groups

24 year old Sheffield student in court on terrorist charges

despite everything else going on it's good to know our security services are still working hard
    yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/new…225

17 Comments

I just hope they haven't acted rashly out of need to show a good result. However you are right it's good to know the security services are working hard.

**possessing a record of a kind likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism**

What does that actually mean?

shadey12

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09despite everything else going on it's good to … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09despite everything else going on it's good to know our security services are still working hardhttp://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/student-appears-in-court-charged-with-terrorism-offences-after-raids-in-sheffield-and-huddersfield-1-8598225

Don't forget we are United Kingdom, not just England
    bbc.com/new…072

Destard

**possessing a record of a kind likely to be useful to a person … **possessing a record of a kind likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism**What does that actually mean?

Maybe an old copy of Sheik Rattle 'n' Roll By Bill Haley and the infidels!

Original Poster

Destard

**possessing a record of a kind likely to be useful to a person … **possessing a record of a kind likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism**What does that actually mean?

legislation.gov.uk/ukp…/58

Destard

The news reporter has not a clue too, even after he went back to the office to ask.

shadey12

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/11/section/58

Exactly emphasises the government has everything they need to filter the internet of these records and block them all from all UK surfers. Prevention is better than cure.

Destard

It means the government knows what records are harmful (hence criminal offence) but they decided NOT to filter or block these harm from us in UK, since they could have enacted an extra legal clause to require an internet filter by all UK ISPs.
    Edited by: "splender" 15th Jun

mrty10 h, 5 m ago

I just hope they haven't acted rashly out of need to show a good result. …I just hope they haven't acted rashly out of need to show a good result. However you are right it's good to know the security services are working hard.

They have thwarted multiple attacks, they are extremely professional.

davewave

They have thwarted multiple attacks, they are extremely professional.

​I know, and appreciate that. My point is that following the recent terror attacks they are being put under pressure to show results. I hope they have got all they can from intelligence before showing their hand, is all. It would be terrible if they are forced to rush an arrest and were to miss something.

mrty

I know, and appreciate that. My point is that following the recent terror … I know, and appreciate that. My point is that following the recent terror attacks they are being put under pressure to show results. I hope they have got all they can from intelligence before showing their hand, is all. It would be terrible if they are forced to rush an arrest and were to miss something.

at times like this they will be even more careful than they probably already are, just look at how many they took in and let go after recent attacks.

Destard

Pictures of possible attack locations, building blueprints, bomb making ingredients? I don't know I'm just having a guess.

mrty

I know, and appreciate that. My point is that following the recent terror … I know, and appreciate that. My point is that following the recent terror attacks they are being put under pressure to show results. I hope they have got all they can from intelligence before showing their hand, is all. It would be terrible if they are forced to rush an arrest and were to miss something.

I agree, I am sure there are a lot of positive results we don't notice because they don't go shouting every success from the rooftops.

Original Poster

CoeK

I agree, I am sure there are a lot of positive results we don't notice … I agree, I am sure there are a lot of positive results we don't notice because they don't go shouting every success from the rooftops.

​i only heard about this on the local radio because they arrested someone from Huddersfield at the same time.

It can happen to any of the weak followers quite easily.

Be too late before this country actually wakes up to this issue.

Original Poster

​seems to be quite a few people charged with his main offence of 'engaging in conduct in preperation for acts of terrorism'' in recent times.

thelawpages.com/cri…law

Whats stopping him from carrying on after he comes out of prison?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      3. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority11

See more discussions