2.5" Sata hdd, Technical Question =0

6 replies
Found 28th Apr 2010
Hi all, I've just bought a laptop hard drive, for my laptop (lol), but the conector pins have a plastic casing around it, which means you can only slot it into the other pins. However my laptop is a push in connection not a slot in (if that makes sense) and the plastic arount the connectors means it wont make contact with my laptop pins! D= Is there some sort of work around, and if not, is my situation a good basis for a refund as its supposed to fit my laptop? Bought from ebuyer btw, thanx.

6 Comments

What is the make/model is the laptop?

Original Poster

hp pavillion dv6800 I think

What you need to do is remove the push in pins from your old hard disk - which is also SATA and plug the connector into the new one.
The original hard disk will probably be a sata and they have special adapters so that you can push them down rather than having to slot them in.

Original Poster

rash;8483249

What you need to do is remove the push in pins from your old hard disk - … What you need to do is remove the push in pins from your old hard disk - which is also SATA and plug the connector into the new one.The original hard disk will probably be a sata and they have special adapters so that you can push them down rather than having to slot them in.

Thanx thats exactly what I needed to do! Laptop is rapid now! Repped :thumbsup:

np, had to do this recently on a hp laptop, I had no idea they had these special adapters, other companies dont use this adapter, I dont know whats the point of it

Original Poster

I think its because there's not enought space for it to slot in, lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. heart rate monitor fitness watch44
    2. Charge Back From A Betting Account77
    3. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.322
    4. MacBook88

See more discussions