Groups
    EXPIRED

250/320GB Portable External HDD

I have been looking around this site and retailers sites for hours now and I can't pin down which is the best to buy. I am essentially asking if anyone know the best deal about for a portable hard drive while keeping it all reliable?

Thanks for any help.

5 Comments

This probably isn't the best price, since its the first I found. But this 250gb drive is great if you want a portable one - it is small and doesn't need a power supply since it draws it from the usb port. We have had one for some time now and its still going strong. Freecom is a good make too.
    amazon.co.uk/Fre…-23

Banned

Have you had a look at Western Digital drives? Lots on Amazon to look at ]here. The "passport" drives are quite small hence they tend to be more expensive. But there's a 320GB WD My Book 2 for £55 ]here. For an extra tenner though you could get the same one but in ]500GB. Depends on your budget really but they're pretty reliable

Original Poster

Ta for posting so quick! I have had a look and the WD passport drives look cool. Only thing is, you have the elite, v2 and essential.

This seems pretty reasonable: ]Link

Banned

Looks good to me :thumbsup: No external power adapter needed either which is a bonus.

I'm using the LaCie mobile disk 160GB version and it's working fine for me, was the cheapest I could find at the time in january.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553760
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767183
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714459

See more discussions