Groups

27" Computer Monitor

I'm looking for a 27" plus computer monitor.

Something with minimum 2k resolution and very fast response. It will be mainly used for editing, watching online content and playing games - any ideas?

8 Comments

I've bought the AOC monitor today. Was tough to find anything that was much better without adding £100+ to the price.

Buy a crossover monitor from Korea via ebay they are cheap as chips and can be overclocked to around 100hz mine is a 27" 1440p do some reading on em I love mine

Editing what?? Colour calibration is better on IPS or VA panel, although I was also tempted by the ~1 link to as it does have good reviews.

There is a Hannspree with good test reviews, but I have heard that they are not very reliable.

Matty8787

Buy a crossover monitor from Korea via ebay they are cheap as chips and … Buy a crossover monitor from Korea via ebay they are cheap as chips and can be overclocked to around 100hz mine is a 27" 1440p do some reading on em I love mine

I looked at them, but I have seen very conflicting reports of how good they are; one guy whose reviews I tend to respect reported that it doesnt REALLY go that fast, at anything over 60-70 fps it just starts skipping frames.

He tested several, including the famous Qnix and found they were all basically the same monitor with the same frame skipping.

Gentle_Giant

I looked at them, but I have seen very conflicting reports of how good … I looked at them, but I have seen very conflicting reports of how good they are; one guy whose reviews I tend to respect reported that it doesnt REALLY go that fast, at anything over 60-70 fps it just starts skipping frames.He tested several, including the famous Qnix and found they were all basically the same monitor with the same frame skipping.

​OK best avoid then but I can report no issues with mine at all.

Ebuyer have some decent monitors and deals on all types got two acer monitors for around £100 each delivered next day, decent response rate and clarity as well worth a look, just remember to check the cable is compatible for what your hooking it up too as most don't come with a hdmi or dvi-d

Original Poster

B4Dealer

Ebuyer have some decent monitors and deals on all types got two acer … Ebuyer have some decent monitors and deals on all types got two acer monitors for around £100 each delivered next day, decent response rate and clarity as well worth a look, just remember to check the cable is compatible for what your hooking it up too as most don't come with a hdmi or dvi-d

​Thank you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767465
      2. One thing you've forgotten810
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271383
      4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651

See more discussions