Groups

27in IPS monitor recommendation?

I'm looking to buy a;
    27 inch
    2560x1440
    IPS
    1-5ms
    VESA

I feel absolutely lost it is such a minefield, hoping someone can recommend something?

6 Comments

You're right in calling this search a minefield, I've been keeping an eye out for a few months for very similar specs.

I always end up at the Asus MG279Q when trying to find something suitable. It ticks all the boxes: WQHD, IPS, low refresh rate, 144hz, VESA wall mountable and has freesync.

I'm not one to complain about backlight bleed due to having numerous IPS panels previously, but the number of complaints regarding build quality still concern me.

Personally, I'm going to wait and see what 2017 brings in terms of new displays.

Good luck on the hunt!

Original Poster

TheJakeOfOld

You're right in calling this search a minefield, I've been keeping an eye … You're right in calling this search a minefield, I've been keeping an eye out for a few months for very similar specs.I always end up at the Asus MG279Q when trying to find something suitable. It ticks all the boxes: WQHD, IPS, low refresh rate, 144hz, VESA wall mountable and has freesync.I'm not one to complain about backlight bleed due to having numerous IPS panels previously, but the number of complaints regarding build quality still concern me.Personally, I'm going to wait and see what 2017 brings in terms of new displays.Good luck on the hunt!

Thanks for that, it's refreshing to know I'm not the only one!

TheJakeOfOld

You're right in calling this search a minefield, I've been keeping an eye … You're right in calling this search a minefield, I've been keeping an eye out for a few months for very similar specs.I always end up at the Asus MG279Q when trying to find something suitable. It ticks all the boxes: WQHD, IPS, low refresh rate, 144hz, VESA wall mountable and has freesync.I'm not one to complain about backlight bleed due to having numerous IPS panels previously, but the number of complaints regarding build quality still concern me.Personally, I'm going to wait and see what 2017 brings in terms of new displays.Good luck on the hunt!

I've heard rumours a lot of the higher end monitors will be switching to quantum dot over the cheap blue/yellow tinted LEDs. This should remove most of the light bleed issues with IPS displays and give deeper blacks and more accurate colour/contrast.

Banned

Does it have to be 27 inch? I have the dell u2515h and it's amazing

Original Poster

babswatkins

Does it have to be 27 inch? I have the dell u2515h and it's amazing

Thanks I'll take a look.

I wanted 27in as I won't be using it up close at a desk.

Banned

icecreamwoman

Thanks I'll take a look.I wanted 27in as I won't be using it up close at … Thanks I'll take a look.I wanted 27in as I won't be using it up close at a desk.

Fair enough... you might want to look at some of the Korean monitors from eBay then there some some 27"+ 4K monitors with great panels at reasonable prices
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1723
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?22
      3. BT sport on sky boxes511
      4. DPD international?22

See more discussions