Groups

29th birthday weekend away (NOT ABROAD), any ideas or recommendation.

Currently in London and would like to get away from London for the weekend for the 29th birthday. Just want a stay cation location with good atmosphere, possibly sea front, lot of activities to do and places to visit for the duration of the weekend. Was thinking Brighton on top of my head. Any where else better than Brighton ?

15 Comments

Banned

I can highly recommend Dove House in Dorset. Stayed here not too long ago, has its own games room, own heated indoor swimming pool, own tennis court, acres of land, it's own little outdoor adventure play/swings for the kids..

dovehousedorset.co.uk

It's pretty expensive though, but we split the cost between five of us. Seeing as you've not said how many is in your party or a budget you're not giving much to go on.

Come down to st Leonard's on sea. Direct train from Charing X, Waterloo east and Victoria. Only 1.5hours. Cheaper than Brighton and only a mile from Hastings. Some beautiful spaces on Airbnb for as little as £35 a night

Is scotland too far to go?

Original Poster

sophieb1986

Come down to st Leonard's on sea. Direct train from Charing X, Waterloo … Come down to st Leonard's on sea. Direct train from Charing X, Waterloo east and Victoria. Only 1.5hours. Cheaper than Brighton and only a mile from Hastings. Some beautiful spaces on Airbnb for as little as £35 a night

What attractions are in St Leonards on sea

Skegness
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZkDoGHXEAApZNy.jpg

What kind of activities and places to visit?

North Norfolk coast. Got some Groupon deals going. Beautiful beaches, great walks, lovely people.

I'm from Brighton and I can't see the draw sometimes. It's a mostly pebble beach, it's full of tourists feeding the seagulls which makes them really aggressive, it's run down in a lot of places and it's ridiculously expensive for average hotels.

I'd head towards Dorset, the scenery is something else. The ice cream is 100 times better.

it all depends what you want. Nightlife, scenery, long walks, something unusual, museums etc.

Come up north...Liverpool is great for a weekend away.

kester76

Skegness

What ? Google skegness and it's the picture it comes up with

Blackpool seems to tick all your boxes off the top of my head. Loads to do for all age groups, and a beach.

If it was me I think I would head for Cornwall or Devon and get some Scrumpy.
    Edited by: "dereklogan7" 16th Aug 2016

Original Poster

Thanks for all suggestions. I will look into each location idea.

I actually just spent my 29th birthday here - ruralretreats.co.uk/eng…030

Very rural location, brilliant views and Whitby town centre was really nice.

However, if you're looking for a party destination, then go to Liverpool without a doubt. Stay near the Albert Docks (right near the coast with very good views) and go out in Concert Square.
    Edited by: "gsj87" 16th Aug 2016

ibl0010

What attractions are in St Leonards on sea

There are three castles within ten miles, one is in Hastings. There are arcades and a pier. There is a beautiful medieval old town full of eccentric and quirky buildings and pubs. Lots of live music going on all the time. If we have someone famous playing on the pier then everyone goes on the beach to listen to a free show. I love it here, I came for a weekend 4 years ago and never left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ap on iPhone ios1133
      2. Hatchimals on Ebay - are they fake?11
      3. Ditched Sky1113
      4. Tough Doggy Ball Recommendations, Please?914

See more discussions