Groups

2G iphone, is there ANY way I can set an mp3 as my ringtone? And is there an app to say callers names?

As above really.

The phone is jailbroken.

I have been using the same ringtone from phone to phone for about 3 years, until I started using the iphone - is there any way I can set my mp3 ringtone onto it? I have it stored on my computer.

Also, on my Nokia 5800, it used to say the callers names when they phone me, is there an app or someway I can set this?

Thank yous x

9 Comments

The programme you need for the mp3 etc is "iringer".
    And for the contacts you need to copy the sim card contacts to the phone contacts and that should do the trick.

Original Poster

watervoles

The programme you need for the mp3 etc is "iringer".And for the contacts … The programme you need for the mp3 etc is "iringer".And for the contacts you need to copy the sim card contacts to the phone contacts and that should do the trick.

Thanks for replying.

I can't find an app called iringer on installous or on the appstore?

For the caller ID's, what I mean is that my 5800 speaks the name of the person calling when the phone rings - for example, if I have someone as 'Kerry', the phone will ring and then say 'Kerry' so I know who is calling me without going to the phone. Hope you get what I mean

iringer is online not on the appstore, sorry should have said. As for the phone telling you who is ringing I cant help with that one sorry. Cool if it can be done on an iphone if you find out how would be interested to know about that one.

Original Poster

gym lougar

try www.audiko.net

This is a paying thingy?

Original Poster

watervoles

iringer is online not on the appstore, sorry should have said. As for … iringer is online not on the appstore, sorry should have said. As for the phone telling you who is ringing I cant help with that one sorry. Cool if it can be done on an iphone if you find out how would be interested to know about that one.

Oh, thanks - downloading it now

EDIT: EXCELLENT, it worked easily and perfectly, thank you so much
    Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 2nd Aug 2010

You just need to convert it to an m4r file, it can only be 30 seconds long though, just google convert mp3 to m4r there are loads of tutorials

No problem, glad to be able to help.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers55
      2. love affairs23
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie43
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767197

See more discussions