Found 12th Mar 2010
I am looking to get an Iphone but I'm put off by the prices. I saw a 2G for sale though and the seller said it had been jailbroke so it was 3G compatible.

Does this mean I would be able to go online at the 3G speed or would it be slower than if I bought a 3G or 3Gs?

Not really got a clue what any of it means so any advice would be appreciated.

Also, how bad was the battery life on the 2G compared to the newer models?

Cheers

James

2 Comments

2G will never be able to use the 3G network even if jailbroken.....battery life on G2 was fine and to be honest, internet speeds aren't that big an issue as still pretty slow on the 3G (although that's maybe more to do with crappy o2 network!)

niallmoran;8090787

2G will never be able to use the 3G network even if … 2G will never be able to use the 3G network even if jailbroken.....battery life on G2 was fine and to be honest, internet speeds aren't that big an issue as still pretty slow on the 3G (although that's maybe more to do with crappy o2 network!)

Yeah. If its a 2G iPhone, it will never connect at 3G speeds, but tbh, best thing to do when you get the phone is just setup wifi in every place you go to. Always use wifi. EDGE will keep you going just fine during the day.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions