2game.com - Banned

Found 26th Nov 2012
This morning I decided to put in my first order with 2games.com as they have some pretty good prices, so thought I'd give them a go.

Decided to order Far Cry 3 as it was only £29.99, I also ordered it because they had it up as "IN STOCK NOW" and they say they'll dispatch all orders same day if bought before 3pm. So I ordered it this morning thinking "great, I'll be able to give in a go 3 days early!"

After ordering, decided to ask them in their live chat if they had dispatched my order as I hadn't got a dispatch email yet...

Their reply was "We haven't got stock yet, we'll be dispatching on Thursday"

So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even having stock. When I pay for something advertised as "in stock" I expect it to actually be in stock, not a Pre-order without telling me.

Poor show.
Community Updates
56 Comments
They probably don't have a affiliate link that hukd can link to.
Their phone number brings up nothing on google and the address is for a mail forwarding centre. Seems a bit dodgy to me.
Could be various reasons. Perhaps self-promotion?
cdm22

Their phone number brings up nothing on google and the address is for a … Their phone number brings up nothing on google and the address is for a mail forwarding centre. Seems a bit dodgy to me.

Yes that's probably it. The domain is registered to a flat in London
I have the official answer after a mod PM'd to remove an infraction after a Mod called "mikeT" gave me an infraction and accused me of being an affliliate of the company (no joke)

anyway infraction was rightly removed, and here is the official reason they are not allowed

The site isn't permitted on HotUKDeals as the merchant's last site had their paypal closed down due to problems, the owner's other websites all disappeared without a trace also, we're slightly cautious about allowing this merchant because of this.

Edited by: "Aeschylus" 10th Nov 2012
i've been done like this from ebay sellers. they are notorious on ebay.
zavvi hav dun this with the lego lord of the rings pc game, they never received the stock wen hey were ment to and now it cud b up to a month wait, but of corse this isnt their fault its their suppliers. i think im ment to feel sorry for them, i just feel sorry for my daughter as her bday prezy will b late
What?
buzyxbee

zavvi hav dun this with the lego lord of the rings pc game, they never … zavvi hav dun this with the lego lord of the rings pc game, they never received the stock wen hey were ment to and now it cud b up to a month wait, but of corse this isnt their fault its their suppliers. i think im ment to feel sorry for them, i just feel sorry for my daughter as her bday prezy will b late

It's a shame when things like that genuinly happen and it's out of their control, but these chumps knew full we'll they have no stock yet but still put it up as in stock and took peoples money.
Edited by: "roum89" 26th Nov 2012
u cud try and kik up a fuss, by fone or email works sumtimes, see if u can get a discount or money bak. its ur first order so u cud say how disapointed u r and how u wont b bak, works sumtimes
Hi Roum89,

Apologies for your experience on 2game.com. Lying buggers is a little bit far

We let you know the 'in stock' is a error on site we are working at, we are not trying to deceive anybody. Very simply it is a technical error where the date is not being picked up, it should say 'Pre-order coming soon'.

Stock is in early for Far Cry 3, (we are looking at tomorrow) but it is our duty to only dispatch for release dates and not break street date. We do ship a few days early due to Royal Mail being a 1 - 3 day service so these will be shipping tomorrow or Wednesday.

We can offer you a full refund on your purchase gladly. If you open a support ticket or message us on facebook or twitter we will be happy to do that right away.

Thanks for understanding.

Team 2game
Last time I mentioned 2game.com a mod accused me of working for them!! They are banned from here, so be careful
Anyone else getting a submitted for moderation
Aeschylus

Anyone else getting a submitted for moderation

nope.
If this is all you have to complain about in life then be happy.
2game

Hi Roum89, Apologies for your experience on 2game.com. Lying buggers is a … Hi Roum89, Apologies for your experience on 2game.com. Lying buggers is a little bit far We let you know the 'in stock' is a error on site we are working at, we are not trying to deceive anybody. Very simply it is a technical error where the date is not being picked up, it should say 'Pre-order coming soon'. Stock is in early for Far Cry 3, (we are looking at tomorrow) but it is our duty to only dispatch for release dates and not break street date. We do ship a few days early due to Royal Mail being a 1 - 3 day service so these will be shipping tomorrow or Wednesday. We can offer you a full refund on your purchase gladly. If you open a support ticket or message us on facebook or twitter we will be happy to do that right away. Thanks for understanding. Team 2game

What the **** did I just read?
2game are banned on here so you can expect a mod in here soon as they have posted
A Mod is welcome to come in here Aeschylus.

Our deals are banned from being posted on this site - something which is being resolved. As it flagged up on our google account someone mentioned us and was unhappy we thought it best we reply.

I'm sure a mod will see reason with that.

Thanks
at the end of the day 2game has admitted there is an issue, i dont think the lying little was to far as they have sed as he was not told this wen he contacted. they shud be supporting there customers not saying boo hoo oh hav a refund if ur making a fuss. so wrong bad form boys, bad form
buzyxbee

u cud try and kik up a fuss, by fone or email works sumtimes, see if u … u cud try and kik up a fuss, by fone or email works sumtimes, see if u can get a discount or money bak. its ur first order so u cud say how disapointed u r and how u wont b bak, works sumtimes

Surely spelling that bad has to be a crime. oO
Op, the game has not been released yet. They are not allowed to send out games before release.
jonny619447

Op, the game has not been released yet. They are not allowed to send out … Op, the game has not been released yet. They are not allowed to send out games before release.

I'm not complaining about the fact I didn't get it early, I was annoyed at the fact that they advertised it as "in stock" despite being a pre-order and still took my money.
Surely spelling that bad has to be a crime. oO

surely taking spelling so seriously is a crime .
buzyxbee

Surely spelling that bad has to be a crime. oOsurely taking spelling so … Surely spelling that bad has to be a crime. oOsurely taking spelling so seriously is a crime .

Good comeback...
roum89

I'm not complaining about the fact I didn't get it early, I was annoyed … I'm not complaining about the fact I didn't get it early, I was annoyed at the fact that they advertised it as "in stock" despite being a pre-order and still took my money.

1st world problems. In stock or not they would have been stupid to send early.
buzyxbee

zavvi hav dun this with the lego lord of the rings pc game, they never … zavvi hav dun this with the lego lord of the rings pc game, they never received the stock wen hey were ment to and now it cud b up to a month wait, but of corse this isnt their fault its their suppliers. i think im ment to feel sorry for them, i just feel sorry for my daughter as her bday prezy will b late

have.
done.
when.
they.
could.
be.
course.
meant.
birthday.
present.
be.

as many as eleven ?

Op, at the end of the day, it was you who was trying to deceive the system by trying to get a game before its release, would it really be that bad if it turned up a day late or two ?

as you clearly have been told, it was merely an accident on the website, some websites still take money first on pre-orders, see Tesco Direct for example. Games that get sent out, are just by chance or luck e.g Black Ops 2, it doesn't mean its the norm.

Edited by: "DestinyCalls815" 27th Nov 2012
Regardless of release date it's a bit rubbish how they are just brushing it under the carpet by saying "it's a system error". How many people this time of year buy things based on it being "in stock" or not. If you can't rely on a website to get that right then they aren't worth dealing with. Telling you whether something is in stock or not is probably the most basic and important part of online shopping.

Also they say they know it doesn't work but then that they aren't trying to mislead people! Well surely they are if its something they know is incorrectly misleading and they don't advise otherwise until after you have emailed them!
gbspurs

Regardless of release date it's a bit rubbish how they are just brushing … Regardless of release date it's a bit rubbish how they are just brushing it under the carpet by saying "it's a system error". How many people this time of year buy things based on it being "in stock" or not. If you can't rely on a website to get that right then they aren't worth dealing with. Telling you whether something is in stock or not is probably the most basic and important part of online shopping.Also they say they know it doesn't work but then that they aren't trying to mislead people! Well surely they are if its something they know is incorrectly misleading and they don't advise otherwise until after you have emailed them!

I am not looking to defend the retailer, but why can you not accept it may have been a genuine error? Do you have one/more previous bad experiences with this retailer?

Also, why specifically mention "this time of year"? Surely stock availability is a factor in placing an order anywhere at any time of the year.

I do agree that communication could have been better in this case though, especially if the error was already acknowledged (internally) either before ordering, or between the time of ordering & when this thread was created.

Many members (& people outside of this site) place orders with The Hut Group on a daily basis expecting stock to be available immediately or within a number of (specified) days, but find that the waiting time is extended (sometimes beyond a month, or more). Orders are also never fulfilled & are cancelled by the retailer too.

I no longer use any of sites that the The Hut Group operates due to being let down too many times in the past.

However, I have also had experience of HMV.com not meeting their expectations on availability, & I still place orders with that retailer (mainly for products that are exclusively sold by them). To their credit, they do send regularly e-mail updates on the progress of sourcing unavailable products.

roum89

...So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even having … ...So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even having stock. When I pay for something advertised as "in stock" I expect it to actually be in stock, not a Pre-order without telling me.

In respect of payment being taken on receipt of an order, rather on despatch, I always read the terms & conditions that a retailer displays on their site prior to placing an order. Although I have not taken an order through to completion at 2game.com, so this information may be displayed during the "checkout" process, there does not seem to be any information regarding when payment will be taken in the dedicated "Terms & Conditions", or the "Safe Shopping", "Deliveries", &/or "Returns" pages.

I would suggest 2game.com look to improve their site in this regard.

PS. Here is the retailer's disclaimer about the error with the stock availability:

[ 2game.com/ter…ns/ ]

Terms & Conditions

...Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as … ...Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.

gbspurs

Regardless of release date it's a bit rubbish how they are just brushing … Regardless of release date it's a bit rubbish how they are just brushing it under the carpet by saying "it's a system error". How many people this time of year buy things based on it being "in stock" or not. If you can't rely on a website to get that right then they aren't worth dealing with. Telling you whether something is in stock or not is probably the most basic and important part of online shopping.Also they say they know it doesn't work but then that they aren't trying to mislead people! Well surely they are if its something they know is incorrectly misleading and they don't advise otherwise until after you have emailed them!

I agree. People make decision on where to order from based on whether the seller has stock. Miselling if the seller states something is in stock when it its not.
roum89

It's a shame when things like that genuinly happen and it's out of their … It's a shame when things like that genuinly happen and it's out of their control, but these chumps knew full we'll they have no stock yet but still put it up as in stock and took peoples money.

buzyxbee

Surely spelling that bad has to be a crime. oOsurely taking spelling so … Surely spelling that bad has to be a crime. oOsurely taking spelling so seriously is a crime .

Well, we'll just have to struggle through.
buzyxbee

Depends if you want to look like a complete idiot or not.

Hi,

Thanks for the thought out post.

We do wonder about the OP - This is a very competitive marketplace and many people do try and influence with such posts.....

Regardless of this, after reading through, there will be a change to our T's & C's by the end of the week explaining when funds are taken from your account on order. We use PayPal for everyone's protection, they also process our credit card orders, there is no way we are yet aware of to delay taking funds on orders - this is being investigated.

In terms of the original issue, there will be an update to the site later today, pre-orders will clearly display they are pre-orders on the product page until stock lands with us.

We apologise about any confusion this has caused, we have been live on our site for 1 month! Issues will arise, we are aware of that but we are working tirelessly to improve and respond to feedback.

Team 2game

gbspurs

roum89

...So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even … ...So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even having stock. When I pay for something advertised as "in stock" I expect it to actually be in stock, not a Pre-order without telling me.

Terms & Conditions

...Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as … ...Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.

gbspurs

Regardless of release date it's a bit rubbish how they are just … Regardless of release date it's a bit rubbish how they are just brushing it under the carpet by saying "it's a system error". How many people this time of year buy things based on it being "in stock" or not. If you can't rely on a website to get that right then they aren't worth dealing with. Telling you whether something is in stock or not is probably the most basic and important part of online shopping.Also they say they know it doesn't work but then that they aren't trying to mislead people! Well surely they are if its something they know is incorrectly misleading and they don't advise otherwise until after you have emailed them!

roum89

...So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even … ...So they falsely advertised stock and took my money without even having stock. When I pay for something advertised as "in stock" I expect it to actually be in stock, not a Pre-order without telling me.

Terms & Conditions

...Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee … ...Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.

Wow.
Why is 2game.com banned from hukd?
Was gonna get halo fr 31.99, but noticed someone posted on their Facebook page that hotukdeals has banned them.
Are they not safe to use?
Anyone?
Mr jim e bones

Why is 2game.com banned from hukd?Was gonna get halo fr 31.99, but … Why is 2game.com banned from hukd?Was gonna get halo fr 31.99, but noticed someone posted on their Facebook page that hotukdeals has banned them.Are they not safe to use?Anyone?

it is on page one...

I have the official answer after a mod PM'd to remove an infraction after a Mod called "mikeT" gave me an infraction and accused me of being an affliliate of the company (no joke)

anyway infraction was rightly removed, and here is the official reason they are not allowed

The site isn't permitted on HotUKDeals as the merchant's last site had their paypal closed down due to problems, the owner's other websites all disappeared without a trace also, we're slightly cautious about allowing this merchant because of this.
Mr jim e bones

Why is 2game.com banned from hukd?Was gonna get halo fr 31.99, but … Why is 2game.com banned from hukd?Was gonna get halo fr 31.99, but noticed someone posted on their Facebook page that hotukdeals has banned them.Are they not safe to use?Anyone?

it is on page one
Aeschylus

it is on page one

i dont know wtf whats going on, i havent even been in this thread.
OK, so i read all of these comments and this was after i had emailed 2game.com asking them about a game prior to me ordering it.....
the response i got was within minutes, which i was pleased about....

So this morning, I went ahead and pre-ordered Aliens - Colonial Marines for PS3........ due for release on the 12th February 2013....

watch this space and I'll update when my order is received on the 12th...

some of you guys are so cynical/sceptical, new companies have to start somewhere!!!
Dctr_Doom

OK, so i read all of these comments and this was after i had emailed … OK, so i read all of these comments and this was after i had emailed 2game.com asking them about a game prior to me ordering it.....the response i got was within minutes, which i was pleased about....So this morning, I went ahead and pre-ordered Aliens - Colonial Marines for PS3........ due for release on the 12th February 2013.... watch this space and I'll update when my order is received on the 12th... some of you guys are so cynical/sceptical, new companies have to start somewhere!!!

And you felt the need to create an account just to tell us...
natversion1

And you felt the need to create an account just to tell us...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/32801379.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants