2MP Poe CCTV dome ?

Posted 2nd Mar
hi all,

any recommendations to 2mp poe cctv dome preferably in both colours black and white.

I've got a hikvision box using coax atm but have option to switch to poe and as I'm moving soon thought I'd change.

budget not an issue, will be about 8 cameras.

thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
What you thinking the advantage of POE would be?
Is your DVR a DVR/NVR hybrid? Will it POE over all 8 channels?
Also, dome? Do you mean dome or turret? Dome's are not the best for night time and suffer from more IR glare and can be useless in the rain.
Certainly better off with turret or bullet
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 2nd Mar
Quick price check on my none discounted trade site is £66 per Dark fighter IP turret, x8 = £528 plus VAT.

You could go power over co-ax and get the 2mp low light bullet for £35 each x8 + £280 plus VAT, then get a 2MP Hik POC DVR for £116 + VAT (=£396 + vat)

Massive saving for potentially better images
My hikvision is ds-8132HGHI-SH.

Want the poe option as I'll be running it throughout indoor and outdoor to be on the network switch too. As it will be coming from the garage.

Got coax bullet ones now, not 2mp but issue with them is constant spider webs. But mine are no good for image either atm so definitely need an upgrade.

Wireless doesn't interest me.
Edited by: "jaspreet17" 2nd Mar
So you will need POE switches, still don't understand what the inside/outside has to do with needing POE though, unless you are running decent outdoor rated cat5e?

All cameras seem to attract spiders and their webs, turrets seems better though.

2mp low light are great images day and night, best choice.
40030300-HCKaN.jpg2mp POC turret with zero additional lighting
Yh outside got cat5e outside and back in to the house.

Looking at your picture that seems quite crisp. Might even try buying a poe and poc. Just thought already got cat5e running around I can easily add on to it by 1 ethernet wire to the dvr from the switch in the house to small length wires outside
jaspreet1702/03/2020 22:50

Yh outside got cat5e outside and back in to the house. Looking at your …Yh outside got cat5e outside and back in to the house. Looking at your picture that seems quite crisp. Might even try buying a poe and poc. Just thought already got cat5e running around I can easily add on to it by 1 ethernet wire to the dvr from the switch in the house to small length wires outside

No point in buying POC as your DVR won't power it, means you'll have to run a shotgun cable (co-ax and one pair) for power and video.

I was just pointing out there's other cheaper options to POE/IP cameras that most insist on having. Granted the TVI don't have as many options to tinker with, but I've tinkered with all mine using the PTZ menu function to alter the IR's etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants