3 AYCE DATA question

Found 10th Aug
I have a sim AYCE Data sim with 30gb tethering

If I was to use my sim card in a Mifi box. (I know it’s against terms and could get blocked)

Would me connecting to that Mifi with my laptop use the SIM cards AYCE DATA or the 30Gb data?

I know I can use mobile hotspot but my phone is heating up too much when people connect so wondering if I could use this whilst working away
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
eslick41 m ago

This might be useful …This might be useful https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/three-roaming-and-tethering-update-no-caps-tethering-and-hd-video-streaming-when-roaming-in-the-eu-amongst-other-updates-in-description-most-from-december-update-3006537

No this is all about the tethering caps they had when roaming. They slow down the internet when abroad basically
eslick42 m ago

This might be useful …This might be useful https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/three-roaming-and-tethering-update-no-caps-tethering-and-hd-video-streaming-when-roaming-in-the-eu-amongst-other-updates-in-description-most-from-december-update-3006537

Sorry my bad they don’t restrict Mifi

Still need answer on which data is uses. The tethering data or the AYCE data?
Why not just use it in a phone that can tether, I do it in my Lenovo P2 for a the family when on holiday, that also includes my daughters PS4 and iPhones etc.
RobertBeckett32 m ago

Sorry my bad they don’t restrict Mifi Still need answer on which data is u …Sorry my bad they don’t restrict Mifi Still need answer on which data is uses. The tethering data or the AYCE data?

It tells three when you tether . You can get some apps that do a ‘secret’ hot spot
hethekid12 h, 34 m ago

It tells three when you tether . You can get some apps that do a ‘secret’ h …It tells three when you tether . You can get some apps that do a ‘secret’ hot spot

Really? Can you point me in the right direction for these apps?
SOUTHWALES13 h, 5 m ago

Why not just use it in a phone that can tether, I do it in my Lenovo P2 …Why not just use it in a phone that can tether, I do it in my Lenovo P2 for a the family when on holiday, that also includes my daughters PS4 and iPhones etc.

My phone is about done. Heats up when too much is being used on it.
It’s fine for me on a day to day basis using for phone emails messages etc.

Rather pay £25 for a Mifi device instead of £50+ for another phone that’s all
This app is old but something along these lines
tetherme.net
RobertBeckett34 m ago

hethekid13 h, 30 m ago

It tells three when you tether . You can get some apps that do a ‘secret’ h …It tells three when you tether . You can get some apps that do a ‘secret’ hot spot

RobertBeckett55 m ago

FoxFi app plus FoxFi key running on most pre-Marshmallow handsets.
RobertBeckett1 h, 55 m ago

My phone is about done. Heats up when too much is being used on it. It’s f …My phone is about done. Heats up when too much is being used on it. It’s fine for me on a day to day basis using for phone emails messages etc. Rather pay £25 for a Mifi device instead of £50+ for another phone that’s all

If your phone is about done then surely the £25 could go towards a new phone and be a better I investment, why also not having to worry about the SIM being shut down, plus if you but the three AYCE add on you also get minutes and texts included, you can not use them minutes and text why SIM is in the mifi unit.
SOUTHWALES7 h, 46 m ago

If your phone is about done then surely the £25 could go towards a new …If your phone is about done then surely the £25 could go towards a new phone and be a better I investment, why also not having to worry about the SIM being shut down, plus if you but the three AYCE add on you also get minutes and texts included, you can not use them minutes and text why SIM is in the mifi unit.

Because £25 toward handsets which are over £600 now days is nothing. I’d rather wait for a little bit longer and just claim on my insurance.

I have another sim with AYCE data aswell as my phone one.
You can’t get AYCE data for the Mifi sims so wondering if I could use one of my AYCE data sims in this that’s all.
RobertBeckett1 h, 0 m ago

Because £25 toward handsets which are over £600 now days is nothing. I’d ra …Because £25 toward handsets which are over £600 now days is nothing. I’d rather wait for a little bit longer and just claim on my insurance. I have another sim with AYCE data aswell as my phone one. You can’t get AYCE data for the Mifi sims so wondering if I could use one of my AYCE data sims in this that’s all.

Sorry my bad it was just that you said "Rather pay £25 for a Mifi device instead of £50+ for another phone"

Also I was thinking something like this that I purchased myself for £49.99 delivered and a great phone. hotukdeals.com/dea…203 if you are quick they have a good one in stock for next day delivery.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 11th Aug
SOUTHWALES11th Aug

Sorry my bad it was just that you said "Rather pay £25 for a Mifi device …Sorry my bad it was just that you said "Rather pay £25 for a Mifi device instead of £50+ for another phone"Also I was thinking something like this that I purchased myself for £49.99 delivered and a great phone. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/zte-blade-v7-lite-sim-free-4999-cpw-3002203 if you are quick they have a good one in stock for next day delivery.

Thankyou!
Main reason I’m looking for a Mifi though is I have a business idea in which I will need to provide Internet. Instead of setting up with virgin and getting into contracts I’m looking more to using a Mifi and potentially using the AYCE Data (I know it’s against terms but if I can do it I will)

Paying like £30 a month for a 30gb data sim when I can get an AYCE for less just seems silly
hethekid11th Aug

This app is old but something along these lines http://www.tetherme.net

Need a jailbreak for this ?
RobertBeckett12th Aug

Thankyou! Main reason I’m looking for a Mifi though is I have a business i …Thankyou! Main reason I’m looking for a Mifi though is I have a business idea in which I will need to provide Internet. Instead of setting up with virgin and getting into contracts I’m looking more to using a Mifi and potentially using the AYCE Data (I know it’s against terms but if I can do it I will)Paying like £30 a month for a 30gb data sim when I can get an AYCE for less just seems silly

Hi, a few years ago are internet connection was very poor as we live rural, one day we got a knock on the door from a man telling he can provide wireless internet for £15 a month and the cost of instillation was covered by a government grant, after he assured me it was unlimited and running at around 10mb, I signed up and acres weeks later he turned up with a ladder and the wireless router, first he fitted a wireless antenna to the roof and connected that to the wireless router that went inside my home ( not a mifi box but similar) then asks for my £15 first payment, then I noticed he is puts a SIM card in the router, he then says he will be back to sort out are monthly payments, gives us a password to connect to the router and of he goes, I test the connection and it was great and running as agreed. I decided look what was the SIM he put in the router, turns out it was a three pay as you go SIM and in 2013 at every was only £15 a month, felt it was a bit of a con but it worked, after that I just topped up the SIM myself by buying a £15 voucher, done this for about a year then one day it got shut down and so did my neighbours, three obviously had a clamp down, why it worked thought it was great, if I put the SIM in my phone it did work again so they must have worked out the routers EMI number maybe and blocked them, I got away with it using my phone for tethering instead until they put the price up to the now £35 a month for ayce on pay as you go, luckily fibre to the home has now been installed in my area so I now pay £29 a month for 75mb.

Don't know if any of this helps.
SOUTHWALES12 h, 19 m ago

Hi, a few years ago are internet connection was very poor as we live …Hi, a few years ago are internet connection was very poor as we live rural, one day we got a knock on the door from a man telling he can provide wireless internet for £15 a month and the cost of instillation was covered by a government grant, after he assured me it was unlimited and running at around 10mb, I signed up and acres weeks later he turned up with a ladder and the wireless router, first he fitted a wireless antenna to the roof and connected that to the wireless router that went inside my home ( not a mifi box but similar) then asks for my £15 first payment, then I noticed he is puts a SIM card in the router, he then says he will be back to sort out are monthly payments, gives us a password to connect to the router and of he goes, I test the connection and it was great and running as agreed. I decided look what was the SIM he put in the router, turns out it was a three pay as you go SIM and in 2013 at every was only £15 a month, felt it was a bit of a con but it worked, after that I just topped up the SIM myself by buying a £15 voucher, done this for about a year then one day it got shut down and so did my neighbours, three obviously had a clamp down, why it worked thought it was great, if I put the SIM in my phone it did work again so they must have worked out the routers EMI number maybe and blocked them, I got away with it using my phone for tethering instead until they put the price up to the now £35 a month for ayce on pay as you go, luckily fibre to the home has now been installed in my area so I now pay £29 a month for 75mb. Don't know if any of this helps.

Seems to me that the Mifi box did indeed just use the AYCE data rather than the tethering data.
Thanks for that. I think I’m going to give it ago for a month myself and see what happens. Might be a waste of £50, might not we’ll see.

Thankyou though you’ve been helpful pal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants