£3 discount using Tesco Xtras app without sim

2 replies
Found 11th May
Hypothetical scenario (although I will be trying it out).

Wife's got an android mobile with Tesco sim and has the Xtras app on it (that shows adverts whenever you unlock the screen) and saves £3/month off the bill.

Now there's no such app available for iPhone but she now wants to use my old iPhone with her Tesco Sim.

Now the android mobile will be without a sim but still connected to the wifi as a spare fone. The Xtras app is still working as normal (showing ads).

Is it able to establish that there is no sim in there? Can I still get the £3 discount?

In theory we are still viewing the advert at least 21 days a month (just by unlocking the screen once a day)

1. Ask
  2. Sim
  3. App
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Sim
  3. App
2 Comments

Depends if they run it off the network or the WiFi. When I had free Deezer on Three I had to connect to network every so often to validate the subscription.

Original Poster

Ross81

Depends if they run it off the network or the WiFi. When I had free … Depends if they run it off the network or the WiFi. When I had free Deezer on Three I had to connect to network every so often to validate the subscription.

Thanks.
She's mostly had mobile data switched off in the past and got the discount so I believe it just runs off wifi.

I'm just hoping it doesn't need to recognise the sim.

There's no way I can tell from the app if she will qualify for the discount until the billing period is complete
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659

See more discussions